Amaravati will have the tallest secretariat in the world: Naidu
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N Chandrababu Naidu tweeted saying:
In its new capital city Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh will have the iconic projects like the tallest secretariat of the world, standing tall at an impressive height of 212 m.
To be constructed with a unique diagrid structural system, the building will be one of the most iconic buildings in the world.
No one or no power can separate us: Rajinikanth
Actor Rajini Kanth releases a message to his fans.
Thanks them for understanding the undertone of his message dated 23rd Oct despite it containing some bitter truths.
He further said, I am proud of having fans like you’ll. No one or no power can separate us.
Whatever path we choose, let it be a fair one.
Dr. M S Swaminathan awarded the 1st World Agriculture Prize today
Pic Courtesy : @VPSecretariat
Dr. Swaminathan is a Vishwaguru in Agriculture : VP Venkaiah Naidu
Highlights of Vice President’s Speech :
- Happy to participate in an event organized by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture to award first World Agriculture Prize to Dr. M.S. Swaminathan, one of world’s most distinguished agricultural scientists, in New Delhi today.
- It is indeed a great honour for me to present this award to the most well known agricultural scientist of modern India who ushered in green revolution and laid a firm foundation for India’s food security.
- It is indeed our good fortune that Dr. Swaminathan, cast in the mould of ancient seers of India, continues to guide the country and the world towards an evergreen revolution and a world without hunger.
- As you all are aware, Dr. Swaminathan has pioneered the introduction of high-yielding varieties of wheat and rice seedlings in the fields of poor farmers, which led to steep increase in the food production in the country and paved the way to feed millions of people.
- The agriculture sector needs a big push in India & in other parts of the world. It is obvious that a concerted, coordinated action is needed on a number of issues that impact the growth of agriculture sector and the quality of life of people who depend primarily on this sector.
- The current challenge is to make it more profitable and ecologically sustainable. Being the second largest country in the world in terms of agricultural output, India is poised to take the lead in reforming the sector.
- Shri Swaminathan is a Vishwaguru in Agriculture. As a teacher and a scholar he continues to leave his inspirational, ideational thought prints on the world.
- We need to re-think the development paradigm & see how we can make agriculture more economically viable & attractive. We need a multi-pronged approach to address the complex interrelated issues in current agriculture scenario.
Pic Courtesy : @VPSecretariat
Congress President Rahul Gandhi along with other Senior Party leaders being held at the Lodhi Colony police station for protesting against Govt’s interference with the CBI.
Pic Courtesy : @rssurjewala
Congress President @ participates in the protest at the CBI Headquarters in Delhi
— Congress (@INCIndia) October 26, 2018
Kerala High Court orders State govt to appoint only a Hindu asCommissioner. The order is on a writ petition filed by BJP Kerala President @ . The CPM-led LDF govt had amended the act to appoint non-Hindu as Devaswom Commissioner: @BJP4Keralam
Letter by LoP LS Mallikarjun Kharge to Prime Minister Modi informing him that the removal of the CBI director is illegal and can only be done with the consent of the Committee.
Pic Courtesy : @INCIndia
SC puts ball back in CVC’s court with the caveat that it will provide its findings on charges against Alok Verma in 2 weeks. Verma not reinstated but interim CBI director Rao’s hands tied till next hearing: @MinhazMerchant
SC virtually disables the new Dir CBI, Nageshwar Rao appointed by the govt by replacing Verma & restrained him from taking any major or policy decision. All decisions taken by him under scanner. The enquiry by CVC against Verma will be supervised by retd SC judge& done in 2 weeks : Prashant Bhushan
In all CBI midnight swoop, let us not forget uprightness and selflessness of the outgoing ED Director Karnal Singh. On his last day as Director he got filed the chargesheet of money laundering against PC/BC which no selfish officer would do on the last days of his tenure:
BJP and JDU will contest in equal number of seats in 2019 LS Polls: Amit Shah
Basically they have decided to say good bye to Kushwaha. Makes sense on Arithmetic. His party brings only about 3% votes to NDA; while with JDU back in fold, Nitish almost brings five times more. He individually polled about 15% in 2014, without RJS or the BJP.
The following tweet highlights the crucial role played by Nitish Kumar’s JDU in Bihar polls:
Here are the basic numbers over the last 10 years. Whichever way you look at it, the ballpark figures of the formations are 45% Vs 30%. The movement of JDU has been the key. Move them this way or that way, that decided if it was 45/30 or 30/45 split. #ArithmeticOfBihar pic.twitter.com/jLBHbvarkw
— Yashwant Deshmukh (@YRDeshmukh) October 26, 2018
Committee of Governors submits its report ‘Approach to Agriculture — A Holistic Overview’ to President
The Committee comprises Shri ESL Narasimhan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana; Shri Ram Naik, Governor of Uttar Pradesh; Shri Acharya Devvrat, Governor of Himachal Pradesh; Smt Anandiben Patel, Governor of Madhya Pradesh; Shri Vajubhai Vala, Governor of Karnataka.
Pic Courtesy: @rashtrapatibhvn
Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony
A unique honour and recognition of the contribution by the doyen of Manipuri Dance, Shri Rajkumar Singhjit Singh, who has been conferred the coveted Tagore Award for cultural harmony by a jury headed by PM Narendra Modi :
Pic Courtesy : @DrJitendraSingh