Former Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s speech in the Rajya Sabha on the Union Budget, Excerpts:
- Very unhappy democracy is suffering a blow every day.
- Condemn what is happening in Karnataka and Goa.
- This could have a very damaging effect on the economy.
- I appeal to them to respect Democracy.
- Quotes Bharatiyar and says I am very Happy she is the first Woman Finance Minister of India and doubly Happy she is from Tamil Nadu.
- Refers to the Macro economic figures missing from the Budget Speech.
- Economy could grow between 6.5 to 6.8%, which is not good for the bottom 20% of the population.
- The projections of Tax collections are unrealistic.
- The Economy is weak the Budget Speech is unsipid.
- Expect the Govt to tell us
- What Structural reforms, they will do
- What Bold decisions they will take to revive the economy
- How they will improve investments
- To spur India’s growth to 8 % this year and to raise it to double digit 10% …