India will have a Chief of Defence Staff : PM Modi addressing the nation on the occasion of 73rd India Independence Day
The Prime Minister addresses the Nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort by conveying Independence Day greetings.
Speech Highlights :
- It has been under ten weeks since the new Government was formed but several pathbreaking decisions have been taken. This includes decisions for Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, the end of Triple Talaq, steps for the welfare of farmers and traders.
- India understands the important of water conservation and thus, a new ministry for Jal Shakti has been created. Steps have been taken to make the medical sector even more people friendly.
- We have to think about solutions to the problems people face. Yes, there will be obstacles on the way but we have to work to overcome them. Remember how scared the Muslim women were, who suffered due to Triple Talaq but we ended the practice.
- GST brought to life the dream of One Nation, One Tax. India has also achieved One Nation, One Grid in the energy sector. Arrangements have been made for One Nation, One Mobility Card. Today, India is talking about One Nation, One Election.
- It is unfortunate, however, that so many people lack access to water even 70 years after Independence. Work on the Jal Jeevan Mission will progress with great vigour in the years to come.
- The movement towards water conservation has to take place at the grassroots level. It cannot become a mere Government programme. People from all walks of life have to be integrated in this movement.
- I always ask- can we not remove the excess influence of Governments on people’s lives. Let our people have the freedom of pursuing their own aspirations, let the right eco-system be made in this regard.
- India does not want incremental progress. A high jump is needed, our thought process has to be expanded. We have to keep in mind global best practices and build good systems.
- Time has come to think about how we can boost exports. Each district of India has so much to offer. Let us make local products attractive. May more export hubs emerge. Our guiding principle is Zero Defect, Zero Effect.
- Today, the Government in India is stable, policy regime is predictable…the world is eager to explore trade with India. We are working to keep prices under check and increase development. The fundamentals of our economy are strong.
- Our forces are India’s pride. To further sharpen coordination between the forces, I want to announce a major decision from the Red Fort: India will have a Chief of Defence Staff- CDS. This is going to make the forces even more effective.
- Our priority should be a ‘Made in India’ product. Can we think of consuming local products, improving rural economy and the MSME sector.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister EPS announces Trifurcation of Vellore district
Vellore district will be trifurcated since its the district with large area.
Two new districts will be formed with Tirupathur and Ranipet as their headquarters; besides, a new taluk will be formed with KV Kuppam as its headquarters for better administrative purposes; Announced Tamil Nadu CM during his Independence Day Speech.
TN CM also announced that Monthly Pension for freedom fighters will be hiked from Rs.15,000 to Rs.16,000 and the family pension for the heirs of freedom fighters will be hiked from Rs.7,500 to Rs.8,000.
Removal of Article 370 and Article 35A is a historic step towards “One Nation, One Constitution” : PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi spoke about Article 370 in his Independence Day Speech
- We do not believe in creating problems or prolonging them. In less than 70 days of the new Government, Article 370 has become history, and in both Houses of Parliament, 2/3rd of the members supported this step. We want to serve Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh.
- The old arrangement in Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh encouraged corruption, nepotism but there was injustice when it came to rights of women, children, Dalits, tribal communities. The dreams of sanitation workers were incomplete. How can we accept such a situation.
- Those who supported Article 370, India is asking them: If this was so important and life changing, why was this Article not made permanent. After all, those people had large mandates and could have removed the temporary status of Article 370.
- We think differently and it is India First for us. Politics comes and goes but steps in the interest of the nation are paramount.
- One Nation, One Constitution- this spirit has become a reality and India is proud of that.
PM Modi’s call to businessmen
- Wealth creation is a great National service.
- Let us never see wealth creators with suspicion.
- Only when wealth is created, wealth will be distributed. Wealth creation is absolutely essential.
- Those who create wealth are India’s wealth and we respect them.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces the creation of position of Chief of Defence Staff
Our forces are India’s pride. To further sharpen coordination between the forces, I want to announce a major decision from the Red Fort: “India will have a Chief of Defence Staff- CDS. This is going to make the forces even more effective” : PM Modi
— PIB India (@PIB_India) August 15, 2019
PM Modi unfurls the Tricolour flag at the ramparts of Red Fort
PM Modi inspecting the Guard of Honour at Red Fort
PM Narendramodi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
PM Modi greets children at the Independence Day Celebrations at Red Fort