Hear from PM Modi about India’s future commitments to prevent land degradation!
Find out how ancient Indian scriptures are relevant for environmental conservation today!
India will raise its ambition for raising its total area out of Land Degradation from 21 milion hectares to 26 million hectares by 2030 : PM Modi
Speech Highlights :
- When we address degraded lands, we also address water scarcity. Augmenting water supply, enhancing water recharge, slowing down water run-off and retaining moisture in the soil are all parts of a holistic land and water strategy.
- I call upon the leadership of UNCCD to conceive a global water action agenda which is central to the Land Degradation Neutrality strategy.
- My Government has announced that India will put an end to in the coming years. I believe the time has come for even the world to say good-bye to single use plastic.
- It would make you happy that India has been able to increase its tree cover. Between 2015 to 2017, India’s tree and forest cover has increased by point eight million hectares.
- I am happy to share that only last week, funds amounting to nearly six billion US dollars have been released to the provincial governments in lieu of such diversion for development of forest lands.
- India will raise its ambition for raising its total area out of Land Degradation from 21 milion hectares to 26 million hectares by 2030.
- I am happy to state that India would be happy to help other friendly countries develop land restoration strategies through cost effective satellite and space technology.
- I would end by reciting a prayer from scriptures: ओम् द्यौः शान्तिः,अन्तरिक्षं शान्तिःThe word Shanti does not only refer to peace or the anti-dote to violence. Here, it refers to prospering.Everything has a law of being, a purpose and everybody has to fulfill a purpose.
TN CM EPS at the Investors Meet in Dubai
— Edappadi K Palaniswami (@CMOTamilNadu) September 9, 2019
I have requested my family to tweet on my behalf the following : P Chidambaram
I have requested my family to tweet on my behalf the following :- People have asked me ‘If the dozen officers who processed and recommended the case to you have not been arrested, why have you been arrested? Only because you have put the last signature?’ I have no answer.
No officer has done anything wrong. I do not want anyone to be arrested:
Architect of our contemporary relationship: Dr S Jaishankar
@DrSJaishankar – External Affairs Minister :
- Honoured to meet Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong again.
- Great insights and enormous wisdom as always.
- So many ideas from the architect of our contemporary relationship.
Pic Credit: @DrSJaishankar
Dr Subramanian Swamy:
I will be speaking to a gathering of scholars and officials on “China’s Economic Progress since 1949” at Tsinghua University in Beijing on September 22nd.
K. Sivan, Chairman, ISRO does not have any personal account on any social media platform: ISRO
- It has been noted that social media accounts in the name of Kailasavadivoo Sivan (along with photographs of K. Sivan) is operational and active on social media platforms.
- This is to clarify that K. Sivan, Chairman, ISRO does not have any personal account on any social media platforms.
- Hence all the information on all such accounts are not authentic.
The official account of ISRO on all social media platforms are as follows:
The Vathamadaiyan pond in Kalaignar’s birth place Thirukkuvalai desilted by members of the DMK Youth Wing was opened for public use today:
Pic Credit: @UdhayStalin
Kochi Metro is transforming the public transportation network: Kerala CM
- Kochi Metro is transforming the public transportation network of the city.
- The recent surge in ridership, revenue & profits indicates this positive change.
- After the opening of Maharaja’s – Thaikkudam stretch, the number of journeys taken have nearly doubled.
Pic Credit: @CMOKerala
Visited Maa Kamakhya devi temple and prayed for the well-being of our citizens: Amit Shah – BJP President
30ft tall Lord Ganesha – completely made out of clay
- Visited & paid obeisance to the 30ft tall Lord Ganesha that is completely made out of clay brought from the banks of river Ganga, on the invitation of Guntur Ganesh Utsav Samiti at Guntur today.
- BJP Andhra President Sri Kanna Lakshmi Narayana garu and others accompanied me
Pic Credit: @kishanreddybjp
‘He gave us our fundamental white!’
— Amul.coop (@Amul_Coop) September 9, 2019