Thank you to GS Organisation, Venugopal Ji, all our AICC General Secretaries, State Incharges, PCC Chiefs, Heads of Frontal Organisations & everyone else who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make today’s Bharat Bachao Rally a huge success: Rahul Gandhi
Farooq Abdullah detention extended by three months under Public Safety Act. This is a very sad state of affairs. In our democratic country this is happening. These are unconstitutional steps: Mamata Banerjee – West Bengal CM
Curfew relaxed in Guwahati: Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Minister
Happy to share that @indianpac is coming on-board with us. Welcome aboard!: Arvind Kejriwal
President Kovind hosted a conference of 42 Heads of Central Universities/Institutes of Higher Learning at Rashtrapati Bhavan today
Today is Akali Dal’s 99th Foundation Day
PM Narendra Modi chairs first meeting of National Council for Ganga in Kanpur
The Council has been given overall responsibility for superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga Basin, including Ganga and its tributaries.
- Prime Minister urged for a holistic thinking process where ‘Namami Gange’ evolves to ‘Arth Ganga’ or a sustainable development model with a focus on economic activities related to Ganga.
- As part of this process, farmers should be encouraged to engage in sustainable agriculture practices, including zero budget farming, planting of fruit trees and building plant nurseries on the banks of Ganga.
- Priority could be given to women Self Help Groups and ex-servicemen organizations for these programs. Such practices, along with creation of infrastructure for water sports and development of camp sites, cycling and walking tracks etc , would help to tap the ‘hybrid’ tourism potential of the river basin area- for purposes of religious as well as adventure tourism.
- The income generated from encouraging eco-tourism and Ganga wildlife conservation and cruise tourism etc. would help to generate sustainable income streams for cleaning of Ganga.
- For monitoring the work progress and activities from various schemes and initiatives under Namami Gange and Arth Ganga, PM also gave directions for the setting up of a Digital Dashboard where data from villages and urban bodies should be monitored on a daily basis by Niti Ayog and Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Prime Minister also said that like aspirational districts, all districts bordering Ganga should be made a focus area for monitoring efforts under Namami Gange.
Pic Courtesy : @narendramodi
I assure you all that Congress will stand with whoever is facing injustice: Congress President Sonia Gandhi
Citizens unite against BJP’s governance at Congress Bharat Bachao Rally in Ramlila Maidan, Delhi.
Sonia Gandhi :
- There comes a time in the life of any person or society or country when you have to decide which side you’re on, today is one such day. We have to fight hard to save the country.
- There’s an atmosphere of ‘andher nagri, chaupat raja’, everyone is asking whatever happened to ‘sabka saath sabka vishwaas’. What happened to the economy, where are the jobs?
- The condition of our country has become very serious for a long time. It is our responsibility to get out of our homes and agitate.
- It is the biggest crime to suffer injustice. Tell the Modi-Shah government that we are ready to make any sacrifice to protect our democracy, our constitution.
- Modi-Shah do not care that CAB will destroy the soul of India as can be seen happening in Northeast India.
- Public money is not safe even in banks. The common man cannot withdraw his own money from banks. Modi-Shah call it ‘achhe din’
The country is being threatened, suppressed. Congressmen are not afraid, they are lions : Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Gandhi :
- We have to say that enough is enough. This is not many countries, this is not many religions, this is not many castes, this is first ONE country.
- Modi only thinks about one thing- whether he has power or not. They will do anything for power- make the youth unemployed, destroy the economy etc.
- Media people were critical of our government, I respect that and you did the right thing but today you have forgotten your work.
- We gave MNREGA to the country because we know that this country cannot progress without labourers.
This is a country born of a movement that used the power of nonviolence : Priyanka Gandhi
Priyanka Gandhi :
- What is this country? This is a country born of a movement that used the power of nonviolence & love to defeat the greatest conquerors of the time.
- This is a country of love, nonviolence & brotherhood.
We have complete political instability :
P Chidambaram :
- The FM says she’s going to give money for NBFCs & housing finance companies but where is the money? She doesn’t have the money she says she will give.
- We have complete political instability. Kashmir is simmering & the people have not accepted what they have done. All of North East is in flames today. In North India you hear of lynching & rape every day.
Modi visits Atal Ghat
@narendramodi – Prime Minister :
- Had the opportunity to visit Atal Ghat and review cleanliness works including the cleaning of the Sisamau Nala.
Pic Courtesy : @Narendramodi
‘In distinguished company at Atal Ghat’
Hardeep Singh Puri – Union Minister for Civil Aviation
- In distinguished company of some very popular & accomplished senior colleagues & friends at Atal Ghat on banks of Ganga Ji.
- We were in Kanpur to participate in 1st National Ganga Council Meeting chaired by Hon’ble PM
Pic Credit: @HardeepSPuri
‘The beginning of an incredible movement..’
K C Venugopal, @kcvenugopalmp -General Secretary, Congress:
- Huge thanks to all the leaders and workers of Congress who made the Bharat Bachao Rally a grand success. Today we witnessed the beginning of an incredible movement.
- Congress is committed to fight for the rights of the common people & challenge the divisive politics of the BJP.
- Bharat Bachao Rally is culmination of our ongoing campaign against the anti-people government but it is also the bugle for a widening of the agitation.
Pic Credit: @kcvenugopalmp
‘Set up systems that can scout for and support cross-category collaborations’
- President Kovind hosted a conference of 42 Heads of Central Universities/Institutes of Higher Learning at Rashtrapati Bhavan today; urges them to set up systems that can scout for and support cross-category collaborations.
- Promoting top-class research is paramount and so are innovation and entrepreneurship as well as industry – academia linkages. We need to find ways to fill up vacancies, create and utilise alumni-based endowment funds and complete infrastructure projects: President Kovind.
- While developing your specialisations, I would urge you to collaborate and learn from each other. This is possible for institutes in the same field. It is also possible across categories.
- Great institutes of learning are different due to the leadership they nurture and build. You as the heads of leading higher education institutes must discharge your key role as leadership mentors for the next generation of academic-administrators.
Pic Courtesy : @rashtrapatibhvn
99 Years of Shiromani Akali Dal
Sukhbir Singh Badal, @officeofssbadal – Shiromani Akali Dal President:
- Today is landmark day for Punjabis.
- The party which reformed gurdwaras, participated in freedom struggle & led agitations for Punjabi Suba, right to State waters & against Emergency is marking 99th Foundation Day.
- Let us rededicate to ‘sewa’ of Punjab & Punjabiat.
- As I participate in ‘ardas’ of Sri Akhand Path to mark 99th FoundationDay sacrifices made by past leaders & party workers come to mind.
- What we are today is because of their sacrifices.
- May Gurusahib give us strength to continue this rich tradition.
- The strength of an org is reflected in dedication of members.
- Humbled by response of delegates & workers of Akali Dal on 99th Foundation Day, I congratulate them on the historic occasion as we move to 2020 centenary.
Pic Credit : @officeofssbadal
‘It is time to curb the deliberate misinformation’
Swapan Dasgupta, @swapan55 – Member of Parliament:
- The Centre must immediately come up with advertisements in Bangla in both print and TV on what the CAB exactly stipulates.
- It is time to curb the deliberate misinformation.
- @AmitShah please take the necessary steps.
‘Met persons injured in police firing’
Himanta Biswa Sarma, @himantabiswa – Assam Minister:
- Today I visited Guwahati Medical College & Hospital to meet persons injured in police firing along with my colleague Sri @Pijush_hazarika.
- Instructed principal to take good care of the injured and provide free treatment.
Pic Credit: @himantabiswa
‘Weekend in my constituency’
- Weekend in my constituency Viralimalai.
- A morning cycle ride in my village and connecting with my people is the best way to start my day!!
Pic Credit: @Vijayabaskarofl
@sachin_rt – Sachin Tendulkar :
- A chance encounter can be memorable! I had met a staffer at Taj Coromandel, Chennai during a Test series with whom I had a discussion about my elbow guard, after which I redesigned it.
- I wonder where he is now & wish to catch up with him.
- Hey netizens, can you help me find him?
A chance encounter can be memorable!
I had met a staffer at Taj Coromandel, Chennai during a Test series with whom I had a discussion about my elbow guard, after which I redesigned it.
I wonder where he is now & wish to catch up with him.
Hey netizens, can you help me find him? pic.twitter.com/BhRanrN5cm
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) December 14, 2019
‘The Captain of the flight made a special announcement..’
- The Indian Junior Women’s Hockey Team were travelling onboard Air India from Melbourne to Delhi, after winning GOLD, in the Tri-Nation series against Australia & New Zealand.
- The Captain of the flight made a special announcement to Congratulate these victorious girls
The Indian Junior Women’s Hockey Team were travelling onboard Air India from Melbourne to Delhi, after winning GOLD, in the Tri-Nation series against Australia & New Zealand. The Captain of the flight made a special announcement to Congratulate these victorious girls🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/qFwV2CsiKB
— Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) December 14, 2019