detained in Bengaluru for taking part in
You have redefined the definition of normalcy, the J&K definition of normalcy now prevails in the rest of the country : Abhishek Manu Singhvi
It is an honour to be detained on 19th of December, a small tribute to Ashfakulla Khan and Ramprasad Bismil : Yogendra Yadav
Mobile Services and Internet shut in parts of Delhi over anti CAA protests
My request is, to the Indian who is sitting on the Commisioner of Police Chennai’s chair. Please do not stiffle Democratic voices to be raised at Valluvar Kottam today : Kamal Haasan
We are 1.3 billion people of 3 ethnic groups – Caucasian, Dravidian & Mongoloid, practicing 7 major religions, using 122 languages in our daily lives yet living under 1 identity – Indian/Bharatiya, having 1 Constitution, 1 Flag. Any identity apart from this is unacceptable: Former President – Pranab Mukherjee
President Donald Trump impeached by US House of Representatives
Today marks the culmination in the House of one of the most shameful political episodes in the history of our Nation. Without a single Republican vote or any proof of wrongdoing, Democrats pushed illegitimate articles of impeachment through the House of Representatives : White House
‘I would love to appear and argue his case’
- Ram Guha was not violating any law when he was arrested.
- He was alone! Sec 144 ‘prohibition’ was not attracted.
- It is the four policemen who surrounded him who made the solitary peaceful citizen into an ‘unlawful assembly’!
- If he challenges his illegal arrest and detention (even if it was for a few hours), I would love to appear and argue his case.
- What are at stake — liberty, equality, constitutional morality — are so important that we must seize the moment and push back the authoritarian regime
Is this cop threatening to hit @Ram_Guha with his fist?
- Is this cop threatening to hit @Ram_Guha with his fist?
- It’s bad enough to arrest a senior historian exercising his democratic right to protest.
- But to do so with the threat of force is disgraceful & the cop deserves stern disciplinary action.
- Does the Home Minister care?
Pic Credit: @ShashiTharoor
In Kolkata. No to CAA-NRC – rally by Left parties
Pic Credit: @SitaramYechury
‘I joined the peace protest with students and youth’
Milind Deora, @milinddeora – Congress Leader:
- I joined the peace protest with students and youth at the August Kranti Maidan today.
- I thank Mumbai Police for their cooperation.
- Any protest that saves our constitution and secularism is the biggest nationalist struggle
Pic Credit: @milinddeora
This is Chennai!
Pic Courtesy : @_YogendraYadav
‘We will recover the cost of whatever damage has been caused’
- It is a seditious act to mislead people on the issue of citizenship law and instigate violence.
- The miscreants have been identified.
- We will recover the cost of whatever damage has been caused by auctioning the property of the miscreants.
नागरिकता कानून के मुद्दे पर गुमराह करके लोगों को हिंसा के लिए प्रेरित करना देशद्रोही कृत्य है।
उपद्रवियों को चिन्हित कर लिया गया है। उपद्रवियों ने पब्लिक प्रॉपर्टी को जो भी नुकसान पहुँचाया है, हम उसकी वसूली उन उपद्रवियों की संपत्ति नीलाम करके करेंगें। pic.twitter.com/vSHlX7Id7E
— Yogi Adityanath (@myogiadityanath) December 19, 2019
Do not pay heed to politically motivated, provocative statements from anyone : B S Yediyurappa
@CMofKarnataka – B.S. Yediyurappa :
- I request all citizens of the state to remain calm and maintain peace.
- False propaganda is being spread about the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.
- Do not pay heed to politically motivated, provocative statements from anyone.
- It is deplorable that violence was triggered in Mangaluru by those who went by the words of mischief-mongers.
- I appeal to the people, particularly those in Mangaluru, to maintain harmony and to refrain from destroying public property.
‘The J&K definition of normalcy now prevails in the rest of the country’
You have redefined the definition of normalcy, the J&K definition of normalcy now prevails in the rest of the country. This is an uncaring and unthinking Government: @DrAMSinghvi#IndiaAgainstCAA pic.twitter.com/0hMux8JJEK
— Congress (@INCIndia) December 19, 2019
‘The voice of a people cannot be silenced by force’
- The voice of a people cannot be silenced by force.
- Every time force is applied to dominate and rule, every time you beat and suppress, every time you push people to the wall, they will rise up stronger, their resolve will strengthen and their voice will grow louder.
- Our freedom movement was proof of this, our constitution is the guarantor of it and our people are the soul of it
Congress party to organise ‘Save India Save Democracy’ flag march at all State Capitals on 28 December
‘Kashmir comes to Delhi!’
Prashant Bhushan, @pbhushan1 – Eminent Lawyer:
Order shutting down internet & mobile phones in large parts of Delhi.
Kashmir comes to Delhi!
Pic Courtesy : @pbhushan1
‘I have just been detained from Lal Qila’
@_YogendraYadav – National President – Swaraj India:
- I have just been detained from Lal Qila.
- About a thousand protesters already detained. Thousands on the way.
- Am told we are being taken to Bawana.
- It is an honour to be detained on 19th of December, a small tribute to Ashfakulla Khan and Ramprasad Bismil.
- Happy to be in the company of Dr Dharamvir Gandhi, ex-MP, Patiala
Pic Credit: @_YogendraYadav
‘Bengaluru City Police arrests Ram Guha’
Priyank Kharge, @PriyankKharge – MLA, Chittapur, Karnataka:
“Bengaluru City Police arrests Ram Guha for resisting CAA_NRC, wish more intellectuals come out to bring out awareness amongst citizens on perils of Citizenship Amendment Bill”
Pic Credit: @PriyankKharge
Puducherry CM meets Congress President
“Met our Hon’ble Congress President Sonia Gandhi at New Delhi.”
Pic Credit: @VNarayanasami
‘US will be consistent in its response’
@rajnathsingh – Defence Minister :
- Participated in the 2 Plus 2 Dialogue between India and the United States in Washington. India and the US have a worldwide strategic partnership and we are working collectively to deepen this partnership.
- The 2+2 mechanism has brought about greater synergy in our policies.
Pic Courtesy : @rajnathsingh
@SecPompeo – 70th U.S. Secretary of State Dept :
- At the USIndia 2+2 Ministerial we explored ways to deepen our shared security, advance a free and open IndoPacific region, and expand economic prosperity.
- These efforts, all built on the foundation of a strong strategic partnership, will benefit the people of both our nations.Pompeo on CAA :
- On CAA – We care deeply and always will, protecting minorities, protecting religious rights everywhere.
- We honour Indian democracy & they have a robust debate in India on the issue. US will be consistent in its response, not only in India, but across the world.
Pic Courtesy : @SecPompeo