Strongly condemn the state Govt for refusing to accept my suggestion to pass a resolution in the TN Assembly seeking withdrawal of the CAA: MK Stalin – DMK President
Bollywood Actress Deepika Padukone briefly joins the protest at JNU over Sunday’s violence in the campus
The speed breakers constructed at toll plazas are being removed following the effective implementation of FASTag on toll plazas and conversion of cash toll lanes to FASTag lanes
‘Lakshadweep presents itself as a mesmerising ecosystem’
- President Kovind arrived in Lakshadweep earlier today, on his first visit to the Union Territory as the President of India.
- President Kovind laid the foundation stone of the super-specialty Hospital at Kavaratti, Lakshadweep.
- The hospital will have a range of medical facilities and once it’s functional, it would significantly reduce the need for local patients to go to Kochi for treatment
- .Lakshadweep is blessed with unparalleled natural beauty. It presents itself as a mesmerising ecosystem made up of its underwater life, pristine lagoons, coral reefs, warm waters and its people.
- I am told that all islands in Lakshadweep are dependent for electricity on diesel generators. We need to reduce dependence on diesel generated power and look to expand use of renewable energy, given that both wind and sun is available here in abundance
Pic Credit: @rashtrapatibhvn
‘2nd National GST Conference of..’
The daylong multi-faceted brainstorming sessions of 2nd National GST Conference of the Commissioners of State Tax and Chief Commissioners of Central Tax began in New Delhi today under the chairmanship of Union Revenue Secretary, Shri Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
After the day-long in-depth deliberations, the following measures were decided for necessary action:
- To constitute a Committee of Centre and State officers to examine and implement quick measures in a given time frame to curb fraudulent refund claims including the inverted tax structure refund claims and evasion of GST. The Committee will come out with detailed SoP within a week, which may be implemented across the country by January end.
- Considering fraudulent IGST refund claims, it was explored to link foreign exchange remittances with IGST refund for risky and new exporter.
- All major cases of fake Input Tax Credit, export/import fraud and fraudulent refunds shall also be compulsorily investigated by investigation wing of the Income Tax Department.
- MoU would be signed among CBDT, CBIC and GSTN to exchange data through API, from CBDT to GSTN and CBIC and vice-versa. It was decided that this data should be shared on quarterly basis, instead of being shared on yearly basis.
- To explore access to banking transactions including the bank account details by GST system, in consultation with RBI and NPCI. Suggestions were also received to make GST system aligned with FIU for the purpose of getting bank account details and transactions and also PAN based banking transaction.
- To share data of cases involving evasion and fraudulent refund detected by CBIC with CBDT and vice versa, so that proper profiling of these fraudsters could also be done.
- It was also suggested to provide a single bank account for foreign remittance receipt and refund disbursement.
- A self-assessment declaration to be prescribed by suitable amendments in GSTR Forms in case of closure of businesses.
- To undertake verification of unmatched Input Tax Credit availed by taxpayers.
Pic Credit: @FinMinIndia
Special Drive to remove speed breakers on National Highways
- With the effective implementation of FASTag on toll plazas and conversion of cash toll lanes to FASTag lanes, the speed breakers constructed at toll plazas are being removed
- A special drive has been initiated for removal of all sorts of speed breakers on National Highways.
- Electronic Toll Collection through FASTag has been implemented from 15th December 2019 to provide commotion-free movement on highways.
Reached Puducherry and warmly received by CM V Narayanasami ji and his cabinet colleagues:
Ashok Gehlot – Rajasthan CM
Pic Credit: @ashokgehlot51
‘Our vision is to make Telangana an innovation and R&D destination and not just an IT destination’
- Say hello to Tech Mahindra‘s youngest office
- New development centre launched at Warangal
- Thanks Minister @KTRTRS for your gracious presence.
- Our vision is to make Telangana an innovation and R&D destination and not just an IT destination
Pic Credit: @MinisterKTR
With eminent Poet, Lyricist & Activist Javed Akhtar:
Supriya Sule – NCP leader
Pic Credit: @supriya_sule