PM Modi interacted with Economists and Experts in a meeting held at NITIAayog today
Citizenship Amendment Act: Petition seeking action against those spreading “misinformation” mentioned by a lawyer. CJI SA Bobde says, “endeavour must be to bring peace” noting that the country is going through a critical time : Bar & Bench
Greetings to EAM @DrSJaishankar Ji on his birthday. Dr. Jaishankar has distinguished himself as an outstanding civil servant and strategic mind. He is energetically working towards further strengthening India’s foreign policy. Wishing him a long & healthy life in India’s service: PM Modi
There is no other way other than to approach the Judiciary as the day-to-day interference of H. Lt. Governor had become hindrances to the functioning of the Puducherry Govt. : Puducherry CM VNarayanasami
Court directs Jail Authorities to ensure that Azad is given treatment at AIIMS for his ailment: CMM Arul Verma’s ruling after hearing Chandra Shekhar Azad’s plea for medical assistance at AIIMS – via @Bar&Bench
Railway Ministry has planned to source about 1000 Mega Watt Solar Power and about 200 MW of Wind Power progressively by 2021-22 across Zonal Railways & production units
Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurates the ambitious project of laying submarine cables from Chennai to the Andaman Nicobar Islands in Chennai today
FM Smt. @nsitharaman having pre-budget consultation meetings with Party’s national office-bearers, spokespersons, Morcha members, departments, publications and think-tanks at BJP headquarters in New Delhi.
I will want my friend Rajinikanth to help Thamizh Nadu. Because it has helped him. He is now a proud Thamizhian despite being born elsewhere: Kamal Haasan speaking at an event in Chennai
Delhi Court directs makers ofto include acid attack survivor Laxmi’s lawyer’s name in the acknowledgments in the film : Bar & Bench
PM Modi interacts with Economists and Experts in a meeting held at NITI Aayog today
PM Narendra Modi, @narendramodi:
Unwavering in our commitment to become a five trillion dollar economy!
Today, had in-depth consultations with economists, business leaders and policy experts from various fields on diverse range of subjects.
Such synergy augurs well for national progress.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi called for a focussed effort from all stakeholders in order to achieve the target of 5 Trillion Dollar Economy in India.
- Prime Minister was interacting with various senior Economists, Private Equity/Venture Capitalists, Business Leaders from Manufacturing, Travel & Tourism, Apparel & FMCG, Analytics, subject experts in the fields of Agriculture, Science & Technology and Finance.
- The meeting was held at NITI AAYOG in New Delhi today as part of the pre-budget exercise.
- Prime Minister said that he was happy that the two hour open discussion has brought to forefront the experience of people on the ground and those working in their respective fields.
- He said that this would enhance the synergy between policy makers and various stakeholders.
- Prime Minister said that the idea of 5 Trillion Dollar Economy is not a sudden development and that it is based on a deep understanding of the strengths of the country.
- He said that the strong absorbent capacity of Indian economy shows the strength of basic fundamentals of the Indian economy and its capacity to bounce back.
- Prime Minister said that the sectors like Tourism, Urban Development, Infrastructure and Agri based Industry have a great potential to taking forward the economy and for employment generation.
- He said that open discussions and brainstorming in such forums lead to a healthy debate and understanding of the issues.
- Prime Minister said that this would also foster a positive mood and “can do” spirit in the society.
- Stating that India is land with unlimited possibilities he requested all stakeholders to do their bit to bridge the gap between reality and perception.
- He said, “We must all work together and start to think like a nation”
- Economists like Shri Shankar Acharya, Shri R Nagaraj, Ms. Farzana Afridi, Venture Capitalist Shri Pradip Shah, Industrialists Shri Apparao Mallavarapu, Shri Deep Kalra, Shri Patanjali Govind Keswani, Shri Deepak Seth, Shri Srikumar Misra, Subject Experts Shri Ashish Dhawan and Shri Shiv Sarin were among the 38 delegates who participated in the discussions.
- Minister for Home Affairs Shri Amit Shah, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSME Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Railways and Commerce Shri Piyush Goyal and Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Rural Development, Panchayati Raj Shri Narendra Tomar, Secretaries from various Ministries, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog Shri Rajiv Kumar and CEO of NITI Aayog Shri Amitabh Kant attended the meeting.
Pic Courtesy : PIB
‘Discussed how nudging on cleanliness,‘Give It Up’ and digital transactions has led to immense transformations in India’
PM Narendra Modi, @narendramodi:
- Interacted with Nobel laureate Richard Thaler.
- Got to know interesting aspects of his work.
- We also discussed aspects relating to Nudge Theory and how nudging on cleanliness,‘Give It Up’ and digital transactions has led to immense transformations in India.
Pic Credit: @narendramodi
Do you have a suggestion for the Union Budget?
- The Ministry of Finance has invited suggestions for Union Budget 2020-21.
- Citizens from all walks of life are welcome to be a part of this exercise.
- The suggestions can be submitted at mygov.in/group-issue/in.
- Last date for the same is 20th Jan, 2020.
Time has come for the idea of simultaneous polls for its several advantages : Venkaiah Naidu
The Vice President at the first annual conference on ‘Indian Democracy at Work’ organised by the Foundation for Democratic Reforms, Bharat Institute of Public Policy and the University of Hyderabad at Indian school of business in Hyderabad today.
Speech Highlights :
- Two glaring distortions need to be addressed by the political system with a sense of urgency and unity. The first is the use of enormous money power – often unaccounted and illegal – in politics and elections.
- The second is the increasing attempts to entice the voters with short term benefits at the cost of the long-term goals of basic amenities, infrastructure, quality education and healthcare and growth and job opportunities.
- The expanding role of money in politics and the elections over the years have given rise to serious concerns which need to be addressed immediately.
- Paid news is a manifestation of the rising money power in politics. Paid news is obviously fake news as it seeks to promote an unworthy candidate at the cost of the worthy in the elections.
- Time has come for the idea of simultaneous polls to be seriously considered for its many advantages including reducing the costs of holding polls and spending by political parties.
- There are certain apprehensions in some political parties that simultaneous polls may benefit some parties with larger support base and charismatic leadership to the detriment of others. This apprehension does not seem to be well founded as the Indian voter has demonstrated his maturity in voting
Pic Courtesy : @VPSecretariat
‘The AP of today is languishing at the bottom’
- While AP found its feet and figured in the top half of the economic league tables during my term, the AP of today is languishing at the bottom because of the downturn caused due to 7 months’ of chaotic governance.
- People are now realising the colossal mistake called YS Jagan
Pic Credit: @ncbn
‘We will only grow stronger in the coming days!’
N Chandrababu Naidu, @ncbn – President, Telugu Desam Party:
- The power supply was cut on purpose during my speech today at Machilipatnam.
- People voluntarily flashed their mobile phones to create an electric atmosphere and deliver a tight slap on the face of YS Jagan’s Govt.
- We will only grow stronger in the coming days!
The power supply was cut on purpose during my speech today at Machilipatnam. People voluntarily flashed their mobile phones to create an electric atmosphere and deliver a tight slap on the face of @ysjagan’s Govt. We will only grow stronger in the coming days!#MyCapitalAmaravati pic.twitter.com/R6knGPIEBm
— N Chandrababu Naidu (@ncbn) January 9, 2020
‘Direct elections for Sarpanches was introduced after much discussion, discuss with stakeholders before undoing it’
- Attended ‘Sarpanch of the Year’ award ceremony in Mumbai with my colleague Sudhir Mungantiwar bhau and Maharashtra Ministers.
- Many Sarpanch wanted that they should get elected directly and after rigorous discussions with them & experts from rural development sector, we took this decision. Their performance was also noteworthy.
- We expect that State Government should discuss it with the stakeholders before undoing this decision too!
- Though the political situation in the state has changed today, BJP Maharashtra still emerged as number 1 party in the ZP elections. The number of seats also increased as compared to last elections.
- In coming days, BJP will prepare itself more to fight this new political arithmetic!
- Lok Sabha elections too saw that all parties came together but in the end only BJP was the winner, that too with comfortable majority. It is not new that all parties are coming together against BJP.
- If you don’t want to perform, then citing excuses is different, but we have achieved a lot in terms of both development & better economy than previous 25 years.
- When we consider financial situation of Maharashtra, it is much much better among all major states.
Pic Credit: @Dev_Fadnavis
‘There is no other way other than to approach the Judiciary’
- The Government will move to court to uphold the rights of an elected Government to distribute free rice instead of transferring money to the beneficiaries account and for the appointment of State Election Commissioner.
- There is no other way other than to approach the Judiciary as the day-to-day interference of H. Lt. Governor had become hindrances to the functioning of the Puducherry Government.
94 year-old Harbhajan Kaur of Chandigarh is becoming an inspiration for all
@capt_amarinder – Chief Minister of Punjab :
- The word Start-Up can no longer be associated with millennials alone because 94 year-old Harbhajan Kaur of Chandigarh is becoming an inspiration for all.
- I agree with @ on recognising her as the entrepreneur of the year.
- Waiting to taste your signature Besan Burfi.
Pic Courtesy : @capt_amarinder
mSewa App launched for access to Punjab Govt departments
@capt_amarinder – Chief Minister of Punjab :
- To bring more efficiency in serving the people of Punjab, launched the mSewa App via which one can get access to all govt department services anytime and anywhere.
- Download the App by clicking the link: bit.ly/m-sewa
Pic Credit: @capt_amarinder
‘Dr Tharoor sure touched a few hearts..’
- It was an honour to interact with Shashi Tharoor Ji at a book launch in Chennai.
- Propelling young minds to give their creative pursuits a confident shot, Dr Tharoor sure touched a few hearts as he spoke passionately on delving deep and finding one’s voice & telling their stories.
Pic Credit: @talktoapsara
Khelo India Youth Games 2020 to be inaugurated today
Around 6,800 athletes across 37 (states and union territories) teams will compete in a total of 20 sports events at
I appeal everyone to join the grand opening ceremony of the Khelo India Youth Games 2020 at Guwahati, Assam on 10th January. The biggest sporting event of India is ready!#KheloIndiaYouthGames2020 pic.twitter.com/rnuZxLqlQ4
— Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) January 9, 2020
A warm send off message cheering the young athletes!
Hello ! I am your Sports Minister @KirenRijiju .📞🙂
Watch his warm send off message cheering the young athletes!🎉🎉 #KIYG2020@kheloindia @PMOIndia @KirenRijiju @Media_SAI @PIB_India @AkashvaniAIR @ddsportschannel pic.twitter.com/Zs1oX9q95N
— Dept of Sports MYAS (@IndiaSports) January 9, 2020