State of Kerala moves original suit challenging Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 in Supreme Court : Bar & Bench
My best wishes to each and every one of you on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti : Rahul Gandhi
Delhi Assembly Elections: AAP announces names of all 70 candidates
- Aam Aadmi Party declares all 70 candidates for the upcoming Delhi election.
- We congratulate all the candidates and wish them all the best to establish high levels of trust and integrity within their constituency.
‘I think other universities can emulate this example’
Swapan Dasgupta, @swapan55 – Member of Parliament:
- It was wonderful to discuss the CAA in a measured and calm way with Rajeev Gowda at IIM Bangalore this afternoon.
- I think other universities can emulate this example and create platforms where issues can be debated and disagreements articulated in a non-confrontational way.
‘Kerala will be at the forefront to protect the Constitution’
Pinarayi Vijayan, @vijayanpinarayi – Chief Minister of Kerala:
- Kerala will be at the forefront to protect the Constitution and fundamental rights.
- With a suit in the Supreme Court against CAA, State has made another intervention to protect the rights of citizens.
- We must make all efforts to secure our democracy.
‘The over flowing of the Pongal pot symbolises prosperity and well being’
- The stirring of the Pongal pot is one the most important rituals of Pongal.
- The over flowing of the Pongal pot symbolises prosperity and well being
- Vice President, with his spouse, Usha Naidu, Governor of TN, Banwarilal Purohit, Governor of Telangana, Dr.Tamilisai Soundararajan, Speaker of TN Assembly, P. Dhanapal, Minister of Fisheries, Govt. of TN, D. Jayakumar stirring the Pongal pot, at the Pongal Celebration
Pic Credit: @VPSecretariat
Gold hallmarking made mandatory from January 2021
- The Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution today held a press conference regarding mandatory hallmarking of Gold jewelry & artefacts in India for which notification will be issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs providing a period of one year for implementation i.e. till January, 2021.
- Addressing the media, Shri Paswan said that the purpose of making hallmarking mandatory for Gold Jewelry and Artefacts is to ensure that consumers are not cheated while buying gold ornaments and get the purity as marked on the ornaments, they are better informed about the purity of Gold which will now be in only 3 caratage i.e. 14, 18 and 22 and corruption is removed.
- Explaining the reasons for the one-year implementation period, Shri Paswan said that this will ensure that Jewelers registration process can be completed and jewellers/retailers get time for clearing their old/existing stock and also so that additional A&H centres can be set up by private entrepreneurs at various locations where demand arises and priority shall be given to districts where such centres are not present. As on 31st December 2019, there are 892 Assaying and Hallmarking centres spread in 234 District locations across the country and so far 28,849 jewellers have been registered by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).