Nirbhaya Case – President rejects Mercy Petition by Mukesh Kumar. Fresh Death Warrant issued, Four convicts to be hanged on February 1 at 6 am : Bar & Bench
Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji had said “Na koi Hindu, Na Mussalman” & it is in this spirit, Punjab Vidhan Sabha passed the resolution to appeal to Central Govt to repeal CAA for India’s interest : Capt. Amarinder Singh
I commend the Punjab Legislative Assembly that will take up for consideration today a well-reasoned Resolution calling for the repeal of CAA : P Chidambaram
India’s communication satellite ‘GSAT 30′ was successfully launched into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by Ariane 5: ISRO
Heartiest congratulations to the Bru-reang community. Govt of India & State govts of Tripura and Mizoram have signed a historic agreement to end a 23 year old refugee crisis in the region : Hardeep S Puri
Supreme Court directs for return of ₹20 Crore to Congress MP Karti Chidambaram which he was required to deposit with the SC registry as a precondition to travel abroad : Bar & Bench
VP Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates Nature Park & Interpretation Centre in Port Blair
The inaugural run of second Tejas Express train flagged off from Ahmedabad
‘I will continue to fulfill my duty as a loyal soldier’
@capt_amarinder – Chief Minister of Punjab :
- I have sworn on the Constitution & I will continue to fulfill my duty as a loyal soldier.
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji had said “Na koi Hindu, Na Mussalman” & it is in this spirit, Punjab Vidhan Sabha passed the resolution to appeal to Central Govt to repeal CAA for India’s interest.
Pic Courtesy : @capt_amarinder
Congress President Sonia Gandhi andmeet the newly elected MLAs from Jharkhand
Pic Courtesy : @INCIndia
India’s communication satellite GSAT30 was successfully launched into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by Ariane5 VA251.
- India’s telecommunication satellite GSAT-30 was successfully launched into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) on January 17, 2020 from Kourou launch base, French Guiana by Ariane-5 VA-251.
- GSAT-30 is configured on ISRO’s enhanced I-3K Bus structure to provide communication services from Geostationary orbit in C and Ku bands. The satellite derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series.
- Weighing 3357 kg, GSAT-30 is to serve as replacement to INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage. The satellite provides Indian mainland and islands coverage in Ku-band and extended coverage in C-band covering Gulf countries, a large number of Asian countries and Australia.
- The designed in-orbit operational life of GSAT-30 is more than 15 years.
Pic Courtesy : Arianespace via @ISRO
The inaugural run of the second Tejas Express train flagged off from Ahmedabad
— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 17, 2020
Indian classical sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan met Union Home Minister Amit Shah in New Delhi
Pic Courtesy : @HMOIndia
‘Now fly from Mysuru to Belagavi!’
@mepratap – Pratap Simha , MP :
- Now fly from Mysuru to Belagavi!
- Airport Director Manjunath, Rajendra Sir, Rajiv, CII President Bhaskar Kalale Sir, Safewheel Prashanth, Anil Thomas, Jaykumar, Shriram n my wife flagged off the new flight between Mysore and Belagavi.
- Thank u @narendramodi ji @HardeepSPuri Sir.
Pic Courtesy : @mepratap
Offering prayers with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in front of the ‘Bodhi tree’ at 1 Anne Road in Patna: Nitish Kumar – Bihar CM
Pic Credit: @NitishKumar
Historic agreement with Bru-Reang refugees signed
- Modi Govt ends a 23-year-old crisis, signing the historic agreement with Bru-Reang refugees. Under the agreement, around 34,000 internally displaced people will be settled in Tripura.
- The State will receive around Rs 600 crore for rehabilitation and development of the refugees.
- Heartiest congratulations to the Bru-reang community.
- The Govt of India & State govts of Tripura & Mizoram have signed a historic agreement to end a 23 year old refugee crisis in the region.
- I join others in congratulating PM Narendra Modi ji & HM Shri Amit Shah ji for this historic Bru-reang agreement & giving a package of ₹600 crore for their rehabilitation & all round development.
- This will usher a new era of prosperity.
Pic Courtesy : @HardeepSPuri
VP Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates Nature Park & Interpretation Centre in PortBlair
- Delighted to have inaugurated the Nature Park & Interpretation Centre in PortBlair today With native trees, orchids, ferns, medicinal plants & aquatic plants, the Park showcases the rich biodiversity of these Islands & will serve as an important centre for recreation & education.
- Released butterflies & went around the one of its kind walk-in butterfly conservatory at the Nature Park. Notably, the conservatory has water bodies with inter-connecting channels to provide much required moist & airy micro-climate for the butterflies to thrive in.
- A & N Islands have around 300 species of butterflies, out of which 207 are endemic. In addition to being a joy to behold, butterflies form an important component of an ecosystem & are indicators of state of the environment. We must conserve and protect these beautiful insects.
Tree-ferns whose origin can be traced back to Jurassic era!
- Visited the orchid & fern house at the Nature Park, which showcases the habitat of tropical orchids. So far about 140 species of orchids & an equal number of ferns have been reported from the Islands. They include tree-ferns whose origin can be traced back to Jurassic era!
‘Made out of the trunk of a single Andaman Padauk tree’
- Had an opportunity to appreciate a wooden sculpture of a mother & child, made out of the trunk of a single Andaman Padauk tree. The sculpture represents nature as a mother who lovingly nurtures all her creation.
- A tribal woman has been depicted as the mother, as a mark of deep respect to the tribal people of Andaman who are revered as the protectors of the Island
Pic Courtesy : @VPSecretariat
Arvind Swami as MGR in ‘Thalaivi’
- Here is my first look as Puratchi Thaliavar, Makkal Thilagam MGR in Thalaivi .
Pic Courtesy : @thearvindswami