We’re going to get in touch with over 3 crore people to explain about CAA: Amit Shah
NSA Ajit Doval meets Gotabaya Rajapaksa President of Sri Lanka
There is no rift in the DMK – Congress alliance: V Narayanasami – Puducherry CM
TNPSC answer sheets were opened during transit and physical corrections were made: Kanimozhi – DMK leader
Congress releases first list of candidates for Elections to Legislative Assembly of Delhi
Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal to lead the Indian delegation to WEF 2020 in Davos
Maharashtra, Haryana and Delhi lead the Medals tally on Day 9 of the Khelo India Youth Games in Guwahati
‘We’re going to get in touch with over 3 crore people’
Home Minister Amit Shah addressed a public meeting in support of Citizenship Amendment Act in Hubli, Karnataka today. Excerpts:
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill was passed in the Parliament. This Bill gives citizenship to the religiously-persecuted minorities who have come to India as refugees. These include Sikhs, Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, Parsis and Christians.
- In 1950, JL Nehru signed a pact with Liaquat Ali Khan that was aimed to protect the minorities of both countries and ensure their mainstreaming.
- Today, after 70 years, India maintained its promise. Our Muslims, Christains, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs and other minorities were treated with equal rights.
- In Pakistan, (both East and West), there were 30% Hindus. Today, it has gone down to 3% in Pakistan and 7% in Bangladesh. I want to ask the protestors where did these minorities go? Can any of them answer?
- Rahul Gandhi, all these leaders are from Congress. You did not complete these promises from your forefathers. It is being completed by PM Modi today.
- The Congress party practices bigotry. In Congress’ manifesto before the Rajasthan elections last year, the Hindu and Sikh refugees in Rajasthan will be provided citizenship. That same Ashok Gehlot and Rahul Gandhi are protesting against this Act.
- There’s no clause in the CAA that takes away the citizenship of Muslims in India. People have been on the roads and collided with the police as well. Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee, Communists, SP, BSP is responsible for this.
- Both Rahul Gandhi and Imran Khan said that Article 370 shouldn’t be abrogated. Both say that CAA should not be implemented. I can’t understand the relationship between Imran Khan and the leaders of Congress.
- A few years ago, anti-Indian slogans were chanted at JNU. Should we not punish these anti-Indian people? Rahul Gandhi says they have their freedom of expression. Anyone who makes anti-Indian slogans have their place behind bars.
- We’re going to get in touch with over 3 crore people under the Jan Jagran Abhiyan. Over 250 such rallies are going to be organised. We will bring the truth in front of the country via press conferences and other such measures
Pic Credit: @AmitShah
NSA Ajit Doval meets Gotabaya Rajapaksa President of Sri Lanka
- A very cordial discussion was held with National Security Advisor of India, Ajit Doval today.
- Strengthening of bilateral cooperation on national security, intelligence sharing, maritime security & fostering of regional collaboration, were some of the key points of discussion.
Pic Credit: @GotabayaR
‘Parliamentary democracy in action’
- Just finished a lively meeting of the ConsultativeCommittee on ExternalAffairs today chaired by Dr S Jaishankar.
- Rahul Gandhi was in his element & his probing questions elicited candid responses (both must stay off the record alas!)
- Parliamentary democracy in action
Pic Credit: @ShashiTharoor
‘This govt. has been unable to spend the money it actually has in its hands’
- There are reports that BJP will ask for another Rs. 45,000 cr from the RBI.
- Amidst of all this what’s rather surprising is that this govt. has been unable to spend the money it actually has in its hands
There are reports that BJP will ask for another Rs. 45,000 cr from the RBI. Amidst of all this what’s rather surprising is that this govt. has been unable to spend the money it actually has in its hands: Dr. @ShashiTharoor on #DeshKiBaat pic.twitter.com/QI0LJYNJbn
— Congress (@INCIndia) January 18, 2020
‘He never charged a single rupee from farmers’
- It was great to be a part of a grand felicitation ceremony of Chief Justice of India Justice Sharad Bobde ji in Nagpur with Justice Bhushan Gavai ji, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari ji, Justice A. K Deshpande ji and Ministers of Maharashtra.
- CJI Justice Sharad Bobde ji is a multifaceted personality.
- Along with practicing law, he always kept all his hobbies alive like listening to music, sports, nature photography and love for vintage cars & bikes and also strong command on Marathi language.
- His work for farmers is very valuable.
- He fought the legal battle of making farmers free from debt.
- He never charged a single rupee from farmers while fighting their cases in the courts.
- His thoughtfulness for the deprived is inspiring.
- Because of his habit of extensive reading, many law students got an opportunity to study law & allied subjects from his library.
- We all consider his house as Dhyan Mandir (temple of knowledge).
Pic Credit: @Dev_Fadnavis
‘There is no rift in the alliance’
- The DMK-Congress alliance in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry is strong.
- There is no rift in the alliance.
- The alliance cannot be split
Pic Credit: @VNarayanasami
‘Took part in a 13 km long march’
- Took part in a 13 km long march conducted by DCC Alappuzha.
- Modi and Amit Shah are trying to divide and polarise the nation when the economy crumbles.
- India will rise above the communal agenda of the BJP.
Pic Credit: @kcvenugopalmp
‘TNPSC answer sheets were opened during transit and physical corrections were made’
- TNPSC continues to be a hub of scams in this ADMK government.
- Huge malpractice has taken place in the recent Group IV exams.
- TNPSC answer sheets, from several districts which were sealed and sent to Chennai were opened during transit and physical corrections were made which resulted in some candidates becoming top scorers.
- This was revealed in TNPSC’s enquiries.
- Instead of trying to bury this issue, government should order a full fledged investigation and take action on those who are involved.
Congress releases first list of 54 candidates for Elections to Legislative Assembly of Delhi
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead Indian Delegation to World Economic Forum 2020 at Davos
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways, Piyush Goyal, will lead the Indian delegation to the 50th World Economic Forum at Davos from January 20th to 24th 2020.
- The Commerce and Industry Minister will participate in the WEF along with Union Minister of State for Shipping and Chemical and Fertilizers, Mansukh L. Mandaviya and Chief Ministers of the States of Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh, Finance Minister of Punjab and the IT Minister of Telangana.
- Secretary Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, senior officials of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Invest India are also part of the delegation.
- Commerce and Industry Minister will hold bilateral meetings with Ministers of Australia, South Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Korea and Singapore. He will also meet Director General of World Trade Organization and Secretary General of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Apart from this Commerce and Industry Minister will hold bilateral meetings with CEOs of companies, attend WEF sessions and round tables on Accelerating Investments in Indian Railways and attracting Global Institutional Investments in India.
- Commerce and Industry Minister will also participate in an informal WTO Ministerial gathering being held in Davos during this period.
- The WEF annual meeting in Davos engages the world’s top leaders to shape global, regional and industry agendas at the beginning of the year. The theme of the 2020 meeting is stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World.
Chennai Metro has launched a fleet of keyless electric scooters for ₹1 per minute
- Chennai Metro Rail Ltd in association with Flyy Rental Service has launched a fleet of keyless, smart and eco-friendly electric scooters for ₹1 per minute.
- Currently, Flyy is operating from 4 Metro stations – Alandur, Nandanam, Guindy and Little Mount.
- To avail the service, download Flyy app from Google Play. Service starts from 7 AM to 9 PM. After the end of the ride, passengers can drop the e-scooter anywhere within the Flyy zone.
- The company is planning to introduce over 6000 scooters in the next one year and start service from more Metro stations.
Have a look at the medal Tally of Khelo India Youth Games 2020 at Guwahati on Day 9: Kiren Rijiju – Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports