Congratulations to all those who have been conferred the Padma Awards. The awardees include extraordinary individuals who have made exceptional contributions to our society, nation and humanity : PM Modi
Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, George Fernandes awarded Padma vibushan posthumously
Leading industrialists Anand Mahindra and Venu Srinivasan to be awarded the Padma Bhushan
President Ram Nath Kovind addresses to the nation on the eve of the 71st Republic Day
President Kovind accords Ceremonial Welcome to President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil
A thumping victory in Telangana Municipal elections – KTR – TRS Working President
YS Jagan sees Amaravati as my legacy. It is not: N Chandrababu Naidu – TDP President
Rajasthan Assembly passes a resolution against the CAA
Madurai – Usilampatti train trial run successful, will open soon for regular traffic: OP Raveendranath, AIADMK MP
Padma Awards Announced
Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
This year the President has approved conferment of 141 Padma Awards, 7 Padma Vibhushan, 16 Padma Bhushan & 118 Padma Shri Awards.
For complete list check, check bit.ly/2tGMv1j
President Ram Nath Kovind addresses the Nation on the eve of the 71st Republic Day
‘Kejriwal’s AAP has lost all elections after 2015’
Amit Shah, @AmitShah – Union Home Minister:
- HM Amit Shah addressed a program ‘Jeet Ki Goonj’ at JLN Stadium in New Delhi. Excerpts:
- Your support, your will to contest, your ability to win and your will to show the Opposition the right place is key. I say this with the belief that in 2020, the BJP will form Govt in Delhi
- BJP has won elections that seemed very difficult. Our opponents had been happy, and supporters tensed. But whenever our cyber warriors got into the act, we came out victorious
- Kejriwal’s AAP has lost all elections after 2015. Punjab, other states, MCD and Lok Sabha 2019. The people of Delhi have made their decision for 2020 as well.
- The trend is set to continue. We won 88% of booths in the LS elections 2019
- They had promised 15 lakh CCTV cameras. I was trying to find the cameras and couldn’t see them anywhere.
- They had promised free WiFi to entire Delhi. Do you get it? No
- AAP had promised to make Delhi pollution-free. Recently, in a TV interview, they said that it isn’t their work.
- You have all seen the ads. Do you think it has reduced? Not one bit. They’ve not given clean water or air to Delhi
- If Delhi is to be made at par with the capital of other countries in the world, it cannot be under a CM who lies and fails to deliver.
- It can only be done under PM Modi and by the BJP Govt
- Kejriwal Ji says BJP is worried about ‘Pakistanis’. I want to tell them that 30% of Delhi’s population are people from Pakistan who came after partition.
- If this is your stand, it is shameful. They are only worried about their vote-bank
- Congress and AAP can’t keep Delhi and India safe. Only PM Modi can do that job. This ‘tukde-tukde’ gang who do politics of division in India question me.
- Anyone who supports the anti-Indian sloganeering is part of that. AAP, Congress is part of it
Source/Pic Credit: @BJP4India
BJP President JP Nadda calls on LK Advani
- Today met the revered LK Advani and received his blessings.
- Advani ji is the inspiration to all our workers.
- With his blessings I will work to strengthen the party
Pic Credit: @JPNadda
‘I could not recognize..’
- I could not recognize Omar in this picture.
- Am feeling sad.
- Unfortunate that this is happening in our democratic country.
- When will this end ?
Pic Credit: @MamataOfficial
Watch LIVE as President Kovind accords Ceremonial Welcome to President @JairBolsonaro of Brazil at Rashtrapati Bhavan
Rajasthan Assembly passes a resolution against the CAA
- Rajasthan Assembly has passed a resolution today against the CAA and we have urged the Central govt to repeal the law as it discriminates against people on religious grounds, which violates the provisions of our Constitution.
- It is noteworthy that a large number of states have been opposing NRC_CAA keeping in mind public opinion at large. It is duty of centre govt to keep federal structure intact n strong, I urge NDA govt to come forward and withdraw the act. Govt should not make it a prestige issue.
‘I invite Amit Shah ji to..’
- I invite Amit Shah ji to come visit any Delhi govt school with me.
- I will cancel all my appointments for him.
- Politics on education is a positive change, but dirty politics is not welcome.
I invite Amit Shah ji to come visit any Delhi govt school with me. I will cancel all my appointments for him. Politics on education is a positive change, but dirty politics is not welcome. pic.twitter.com/WC3N5oiWyD
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) January 25, 2020
Senior Delhi leader Harcharan Singh Balle ji, who has been a four-time MLA in Delhi Legislative Assembly, is warmly welcomed to the Aam Aadmi Party: @ArvindKejriwal
Pic Credit: @ArvindKejriwal
‘A thumping victory in Municipal elections’
- My heartfelt gratitude to the people of Telangana for reposing faith in Sri KCR Garu’s leadership again & giving us a thumping victory in Municipal elections.
- Winning more than 100 plus municipalities out of 120 and all 9 out of 9 municipal corporations is no mean feat
‘Stop the doublespeak”
- Bhima Koregaon enquiry by NIA is a welcome step by Centre!
- It’s high time Maharashtra Govt & leaders stop the doublespeak just for the sake of vote bank politics.
‘He sees Amaravati as my legacy. It is not’
N Chandrababu Naidu, @ncbn – President, Telugu Desam Party:
- The 3 capitals’ idea is doomed to fail.
- YS Jagan is ready to abandon the interests of Seema-Andhra people because he sees Amaravati as my legacy. It is not.
- Amaravati is the future of 5 crore people. And he is willing to ruin it for political purposes
‘Successive Indian governments have benefited richly..’
Milind Deora, @milinddeora – Congress leader:
- My friend Omar Abdullah was detained on August 4th, 2019.
- Successive Indian governments have benefited richly from Omar’s economic & political views.
- Muting nationalists like him made our national discourse poorer.
- Complete normalcy must be restored soon
Madurai – Usilampatti train trial run successful
- Yesterday the trial run of the train service between Madurai and Usilampatti was successful at speeds of 100 km.
- Glad to inform that this segment will be open for Public use soon
நேற்று (24-01-2020) மதுரை – உசிலம்பட்டி இடையே ரயில் சேவை சோதனை ஓட்டம் 100 கி.மீ வேகத்தில் வெற்றிகரமாக நடைபெற்றது.விரைவில் இந்த ரயில் சேவை மக்களின் பயன்பாட்டிற்கு வரும் என்பதை மகிழ்ச்சியுடன் தெரிவித்துக்கொள்கிறேன்.@OfficeOfOPS @PMOIndia @CMOTamilNadu @PiyushGoyal @narendramodi pic.twitter.com/kgLSGEgMUX
— OPRaveendranath (@OPRavindranath) January 25, 2020
‘Locusts – the threat has not receded’
- Very large Locust swarm spread over 1 km spotted last night in Raisinghnagar, Rajasthan next to Punjab.
- On my farm in maujgarh, have Locusts in small numbers on Kinnow trees.
- Let’s not lull ourselves reading newspapers, the threat has not receded, it’s a clear and present danger