Shaheen Bagh – The SC Bench suggests that protests cannot go on for an indefinite period on a public road; there must be identified areas for carrying out such protests: @Bar&Bench
Sabarimala Reference – SC holds that questions can be referred to a larger Bench even in review petitions, Frames seven issues for 9-judge bench : Bar & Bench
Whoever drafted the grounds of detention of Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti deserves to be sacked — and sent to law school: P Chidambaram
National Security Advisor of Israel, Mr Ben Shabbat calls on PM
Hearty Congratulations to the cast and crew of the film #Parasite for winning Best Picture award at the Oscars. I can remember the craze for the movie during its India Premiere at IFFI50: Prakash Javadekar – I&B Minister
Sabarimala – SC frames seven issues for 9-judge bench
Sabarimala Reference: SC holds that questions can be referred to a larger Bench even in review petitions, Frames seven issues for 9-judge bench
The seven issues framed by the 9-judge Bench Bench :
- Ambit and scope of religious freedom.
- Interplay between rights of people under Article 25 and the rights of religious denominations under Article 26 of the Constitution of India.
- Whether rights of religious denomination are subject to other provisions of Part III of the Constitution.
- Scope and extent of morality under Articles 25 and 26 and whether it includes Constitunal morality.
- Whether religious denominations enjoy fundamental rights.
- Meaning of expression ‘section of Hindus’ under Article 25(2)(b).
- Whether a person not belonging to a religious group can question practice of that religious group by filing a PIL.
Source : Bar & Bench
‘We will not allow reservation to end’
Rahul Gandhi via @INCIndia:
- The ideology of RSS-BJP is against reservation.
- They want to abolish reservation in some way or the other from the Constitution.
- As much as these people dream, we will not allow reservation to end: Rahul Gandhi
आरएसएस-भाजपा की विचारधारा आरक्षण के खिलाफ है। वो किसी न किसी तरह से आरक्षण को संविधान से मिटा देना चाहते हैं। ये लोग जितना चाहे सपने देख लें, हम आरक्षण को खत्म नहीं होने देंगे : @RahulGandhi#आरक्षण_विरोधी_भाजपा pic.twitter.com/i5WeJx1w8S
— Congress (@INCIndia) February 10, 2020
BJP should spell out its stance on Supreme Court’s judgement on reservation not being mandatory
P Chidambaram, @PChidambaram_IN – Former Union Minister:
- The government and the BJP cannot distance themselves from the Supreme Court’s judgement on reservation not being mandatory.
- The BJP government of Uttarakhand put forward the argument that was accepted by the Court.
- BJP must own up to the judgement and tell us if it will allow the declaration of law to remain unchallenged.
- If the BJP does not agree with the judgement, let it say so and spell out the corrective measures
If every major industry that keeps your economy robust is either near zero or negative & if overall IIP is 0.6%, you have a good picture of the state of the economy: P Chidambaram
If every major industry that keeps your economy robust is either near zero or negative & if overall IIP is 0.6%, you have a good picture of the state of the economy: @PChidambaram_IN pic.twitter.com/AKwq5vYVmE
— Congress (@INCIndia) February 10, 2020
‘I commend PM Narendra Modi’s Namami Gange effort’
- Before leaving Varanasi, I had the honour of visiting the sacred River Ganga.
- I commend PM Narendra Modi’s Namami Gange effort, not only because of the river’s spiritual and cultural significance but also because it is host to approximately 40% of India’s population.
PM Modi’s reply to PM Rajapaksa:
- The Ganga is at the heart of our civilisation.
- It is our cultural and economic lifeline.
- I am glad you spent time in Varanasi and also went along the Ganga.
- The experience would have been wonderful!
Pic Credit: @PresRajapaksa
Launched a web portal for star rating of coal mines in India that will work as a tool to promote best mining practices with an aim to ensure green, safe and sustainable mining in the country: Pralhad Joshi – Union Minister of Coal and Mines
Pic Credit: @JoshiPralhad
‘A 300 year old tradition’
- The float festival of Sri Meenakshi Sundareshwarar Temple in Mariamman Theppakulam, Madurai was attended by thousands of Devotees.
- Members of the Devendra Kula Vellalar community hold the first rights to touch the rope and initiate the pull, a 300 year old tradition.
Pic Credit: @DrShyamKK
‘Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons’
This is for the information of all the concerned sportspersons:
- Lifelong monthly pension for medal winners in international events under ‘Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons’ scheme.
‘Thank you Neyveli’
- ‘Thank you Neyveli’, tweeted Actor Vijay today from his shooting spot in Neyveli.
- Like yesterday, today too he greeted the large number of fans who had gahered outside the shooting spot, after completing the day’s shoot.
- He shared on Twitter a Selfie with the fans.
Pic Credit: @actorvijay