PM Narendra Modi & Portuguese President Rebelo de Sousa witnessed the exchange & announcement of 14 agreements across Defence, connectivity & people-to-people contacts
PM Narendra Modi to visit Varanasi on 16th February
collegium recommends transfer of judge Justice Subramonium Prasad to : @Bar&Bench
Supreme Court – Justice R Banumathi faints. Court staff rush to provide medical assistance and later escort her to her room: @Bar&Bench
Tributes to the brave martyrs who lost their lives in the gruesome Pulwama attack last year. They were exceptional individuals who devoted their lives to serving and protecting our nation. India will never forget their martyrdom: PM Modi
Karnataka Hight Court has issued notice in a PIL seeking to initiate action against the State Police for illegally examining and questioning minor students of Shaheen Education Society in Bidar: @Bar&Bench
Supreme Court directs all erring telcos to state why contempt should not be drawn against them for non-payment of AGR dues. “I am literally shocked”, says Justice Arun Mishra: @Bar&Bench
Chennai Metro allows passengers to take Small, Smart and Handy Bicycles inside the metro stations and trains from today as part of its initiative towards sustainable and Eco-friendly measures
’14 MoUs/Agreements were exchanged’
Narendra Modi, @narendramodi – Prime Minister of India:
- Had an excellent meeting with Mr. Rebelo de Sousa, the President of Portugal.
- We had extensive discussions on expanding bilateral cooperation.
- Glad that 14 MoUs/Agreements were exchanged covering sectors such as trade, aeronautics, holistic healthcare, start-ups and more.
Pic Courtesy : @narendramodi
‘An exceptional colleague’
Narendra Modi, @narendramodi – Prime Minister of India:
- Remembering Sushma Ji.
- She epitomised dignity, decency and unwavering commitment to public service.
- Firmly rooted in Indian values and ethos, she had great dreams for our nation.
- She was an exceptional colleague and an outstanding Minister.
A Tribute by renowned Sand Artist Sudarsan Pattnaik
Remembering Sushma Swaraj ji on her birth anniversary and her incredible contribution to our nation.
Pic Courtesy : @sudarsansand
PM Modi to unveil a 63 feet Pancha Loha Statue of Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya in Varanasi on 16 Feb – the largest statue of the leader in the country
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be visiting Varanasi, his Parliamentary Constituency on a day’s visit on the 16th of February 2020.
- Prime Minister is scheduled to participate in the Closing Ceremony of the Centenary Celebrations of Shri Jagadguru Vishwaradhya Gurukul.
- PM Modi shall also be releasing the translated version of the Shri Siddhant Shikhamani Granth in 19 languages.
- Dr Chandrasekhar Shivacharya Mahaswami, Head of the Gurukul said the Prime Minister would also release a mobile app of the Granth.
- PM Narendra Modi later shall be dedicating to the nation the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Memorial Centre.
- At the event the Prime Minister shall also unveil the 63 feet Pancha Loha Statue of Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- This is the largest statue of the leader in the country.
- Over 200 artisans were working day & night for the last one year to complete the statue.
- About 30 Odisha craftsmen and artists worked on the project during the last year.
- Prime Minister later at a Public function shall be dedicating to the nation over 30 projects.
- Prime Minister shall also be flagging off the IRCTC’s Maha Kaal Express through video link.
- The train will connect the 3 Jyotirling Pilgrim Centres – Varanasi, Ujjain and Omkareshwar.
- This would be first overnight journey private train in the country.
A rickshaw puller from Varanasi receives a letter from PM Modi
@satyakumar_y – Y. Satya Kumar , National Secretary BJP :
- Heartwarming gesture from @ Ji.
- He is Mangal Kevat, a rickshaw puller from Varanasi.
- He had invited the PM to his daughter’s wedding.
- The family was overjoyed when PM sent a letter to the family.
- Small gesture means a lot.
Pic Courtesy : @satyakumar_y
‘A stately ceremonial welcome’
- A bright beginning to the State Visit
- President Kovind greets the Portuguese President Rebelo de Sousa as he receives a stately ceremonial welcome
Pic Credit: @MEAIndia
‘Today as we remember our 40 CRPF martyrs..’
Rahul Gandhi, @RahulGandhi – Congress leader:
- Today as we remember our 40 CRPF martyrs in the Pulwama Attack, let us ask:
- 1. Who benefitted the most from the attack?
- 2. What is the outcome of the inquiry into the attack?
- 3. Who in the BJP Govt has yet been held accountable for the security lapses that allowed the attack?
‘Budget & Beyond’ at NITI Aayog
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at an interactive session on ‘Budget & Beyond’ with professionals from asset management, wealth advisory, tax consultancy and other related industries at NITI Aayog.
- Secretaries of Finance Ministry are also attending the session.
- This was one budget where the impact on equity, bond and currency markets was positive; if more has to be done beyond the Budget 2020, we are willing to do that: @nsitharaman
This was one budget where the impact on equity, bond and currency markets was positive; if more has to be done beyond the #Budget2020, we are willing to do that: Union Minister @nsitharaman during an interaction with Economists#NitiAayog pic.twitter.com/i1ZLi6sBiS
— PIB India (@PIB_India) February 14, 2020
‘TN Govt’s Budget is a shortfall for all’, says DMK President MK Stalin
‘Assessing methane emissions from paddy plants is one of the most outstanding achievements of IARI’
- The Vice President at the 58th Convocation of Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi today.
- Country is proud of the achievements of IARI, which heralded Green Revolution through development of high yielding wheat varieties. The achievements of IARI post-Green Revolution phase have been truly remarkable, considering the quantum jump in production of wheat and rice.
- I am happy to know that the Pusa Basmati varieties predominate the Basmati cultivation in India, and are helping in securing higher production and profit to the farmers, apart from foreign exchange worth Rs.33,000 crores annually to the country.
- Assessing methane emissions from paddy plants is one of the most outstanding achievements of IARI, which can be helpful in protecting India’s interests in climate change negotiations.
- I appreciate the central government for the historic step in 2019 to honour 12 farmers with Padmashri awards for their path-breaking innovations in agriculture. Such recognition will boost their morale.
Pic Credit: @VPSecretariat
‘MP with the best participation’
- I feel honoured that I have been acknowledged as the MP with the best participation in the recently concluded Budget Session by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
- With a total of 9 interventions, besides participation in the debates on the Motion of Thanks to the President and the General Budget I tried to put forth the demands and requirements of Andhra Pradesh to the best of my abilities.
- My gratitude to everyone who helped me in achieving this feat. Under the dynamic leadership of Our Hon’ble CM YSJagan Garu, YSRCP MPs will strive their best for all-round development of AP.
‘Discussed several issues pertaining to increasing air connectivity to Puducherry’
- Met CM of Puducherry, Shri @VNarayanasami ji in my office today.
- We discussed several issues pertaining to increasing air connectivity to Puducherry.
Pic Courtesy : @HardeepSPuri
‘A moment of joy for us’
- It is a moment of joy for us as Rajasthan Royals will play 2 matches in IPL‘s next season in Guwahati.
- I appreciate Sri Jay Shah for this great initiative for the people of North East India.
- May the spirit of sports keep us united forever.
Royal Challengers Bangalore unveils its new logo
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) February 14, 2020
‘Margherita a site of harmony’
- Glad to attend the 36th Shapawng Yawng Manau Poi, an ethno-cultural festival of the Singpho community at Inthem-Mungong, Margherita.
- The Singphos, intrinsic part of the greater Assamese society have showcased their colourful heritage through this festival.
- The festival has made Margherita a site of harmony, as Singphos from Assam & Arunachal Pradesh meet together in an exposition of colour, song & dance.
- I announce a grant of ₹25 lakh towards development of the community & call for further strengthening our bonds of brotherhood.
Pic Credit: @sarbanandsonwal
Golden Jubilee Celebration of Tamla-Du Festival!
- I extend my warm wishes to the entire Mishmi Community and the people of Arunachal Pradesh on the auspicious occasion of Golden Jubilee Celebration of Tamla-Du Festival!
- The people who practice and preserve their rich traditional culture are the most sensible and richest people.
Pic Credit: @KirenRijiju