We have decided to re-name the Chennai Central Station after the great MGR: PM Modi
- I salute this land of Kancheepuram. The wise Kalidas called this land Nagareshu Kanchi – the best among cities. Today, the Member of Parliament from Kashi has come to Kanchi.
- I am happy to have inaugurated a statue of the great son of soil Bharat Ratna MGR a short while ago. MGR is one of the most respected icons of India. He ruled the film screen and the hearts of the people.
- MGR worked extensively for the downtrodden. His social welfare schemes gave strength to the fight against poverty.
- I am happy to share two things with you. We have decided to re-name the Chennai Central Station after the great MGR. We are also seriously thinking about ensuring that flights to and from Tamil Nadu have in-flight announcements in Tamil language.
- Congress also insults strong regional leaders. The people of Tamil Nadu will never forget how one family insulted K. Kamaraj.
- What was Kamaraj Ji’s crime? His crime was that he spoke for the people and for democracy. He challenged the corrupt and dictator-like practices of one family. Because of that, he was insulted again and again.
- The democratic elected Government of MGR was dismissed by the imposers of the Emergency. Just because of political differences.
- Congress imposed Article 356 many many times, out of which fifty governments were dismissed by Indira Ji herself. Even the DMK has been the victim of Congress hatred for regional aspirations. But for DMK, opportunism has prevailed over values.
- Modi hatred among the opposition is reaching new levels daily. They have a competition – who will abuse Modi most. Someone will abuse me. Then someone will mock my poverty. Then someone will abuse my family. Then someone will abuse my lower caste origins.
- Now, one Congress leader talks of killing Modi. But, I want to tell them: I am not bothered about their threats and abuses. I am here to do my work.
Pic Credit: @BJP4India
MNM members and common people handover their applications seeking MNM nomination to contest in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections to party President Kamal Haasan
Pic Credit: @maiamofficial
Dr Subramanian Swamy on the Ram Temple issue
All my research put together on the Ram Mandir issue leads me to one clear conclusion : Namo Govt needs no one’s permission including SC for giving 67.03 acres of undisputed land to start building the temple. His law advisers have misled him that he cannot.
Rahul Gandhi meets foreign envoys
Today I met with diplomats of the G-20 nations & some neighbouring countries. We discussed a wide range of issues & are united in our fight against the scourge of terrorism. I enjoyed the exchange of perspectives & ideas & look forward to continuing our dialogue, tweeted Congress President Rahul Gandhi.
Pic Credit: @RahulGandhi
Former Minister Kinathukadavu Damodaran leaves AMMK, joins AIADMK
Pic Credit: @OfficeofOPS
6 March 1967 – DMK Govt assumed office in the State for the first time.
Rajasthan CM interacts with Officers and Jawans of BSF at border check post
Reached the Border Security Force check post at Gadra road, Barmer… met and interacted with the officers and jawans of BSF and had lunch with them. During the interaction, I extended the good wishes of the people of state and the government.
Pic Credit: @ashokgehlot51