TN CM EPS inaugurated today Kamarajar’s Mani Mandapam. It is located at the entrance to Virudhunagar on the Madurai-Tirunelveli National Highway.
Congress leader Jairam Ramesh brought to the attention of Rajya Sabha an issue of imminent environmental destruction of Ennore Pulicat ecosystem, owing to a proposed megaport complex in North Chennai
Karnataka Assembly to take up trust vote on 18 July, Thursday at 11am
Andhra Pradesh to review Power Purchase Agreements signed by TDP regime with private Solar and Wind Power producers
Chennai received a good spell of rains this evening bringing cheers to the people in the city
A technical snag was observed in launch vehicle system at 1 hour before the launch. As a measure of abundant precaution, Chandrayaan2 launch has been called off. Revised launch date will be announced later :ISRO
Protect TN coast from more disasters: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh in RS
- I raised a Zero Hour Mention today on issue of imminent environmental destruction of Ennore Pulicat ecosystem, owing to a proposed megaport complex in North Chennai by a pvt company with a dubious record.
- I urge Ministry of Environment and Forests to reject the proposal & protect TN coast from more disasters tweeted Congress leader Jairam Ramesh
They more they attack me the more I’ll keep fighting: Rahul Gandhi
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi spoke to the media after the court hearing in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- They have filed cases against me in Bihar, Gujarat and are trying to scare me, but I am not the one to be scared.
- The more they attack me I will keep fighting, but with love.
- This is a fight for the country, it’s future, the constitution and a fight against corruption.
- They are bringing down Governmnets’ using money and power. It’s the BJP’s way of doing things. They did it in Goa and North-East and are trying to bring down the Govt in Karnataka. The Congress will keep fighting against this.
Have a three year common stream for Allopathy and Ayush students in the 5 year Medical education course: Jairam Ramesh – Congress leader
- There are 12 lakh registered Doctors in the country. The number of registered Ayush practitioners is 8 lakhs.
- In six States of the country Ayush Doctors exceed Allopathy Doctors which include Bihar, Haryana, UP, MP and Telangana.
- 80% of Ayush Doctors end up practicing Allopathy according to a study.
- Several states permit ‘Crosspathy’ where Ayush Doctors are permitted to prescribe Allopathy medicine.
- Why can’t all Medical colleges for the first three years of Medical education have a common stream for Allopathy and Ayush, later on they could specialise.
- We should not be exporting Medicinal Plants, we should export finished products.
- The Govt should include Tribal system of Medicines in the acronym ‘Ayush’.
Andhra Pradesh to review Power Purchase Agreements with Solar and Wind Power generators: Ajaya Kallam – Principal Advisor to AP CM
- Andhra Pradesh to review Power Purchase Agreements
with Solar and Wind Power generators, said the Principal Advisor to AP CM Ajaya Kallam, addressing the media.
- This move the Govt. says is aimed at cleansing the system with public interest in mind.
- According to the Economic Survey the per unit cost of Solar Power came down from Rs 18/- in 2010 to Rs 2.44 in 2018-19.
- The cost of Wind Power in 2017 was at Rs 2.43 down from Rs 4.20.
- Contrary to this the average price at which the PPA has been signed in AP is very high.
- In addition there is a back down cost of Rs 1.25 to be paid to generators as per PPA.
- In last 2 years 2MW of Wind Power was purchased at Rs 4.84.
- AP had adequate power at a lesser cost available to it through conventional mode.
- Media reports that investors in power will not come to AP
if PPAs are reviewed has no basis. Solar Power of 5000 MW
is being offered to the State at Rs 2.70 without signing PPA.
- Power Engineers Federation has welcomed the move to
renegotiate the PPAs.
- Govt. of India has reviewed PPAs’, States too should follow.
Credit for KIA’s foray into AP should go to YS Rajashekara Reddy: AP Finance Minister
- Former AP CM Chandrababu Naidu told the AP Assembly that he worked right from morning till night for the State of AP and to bring investments into the State.
- To counter this AP Finance Minister Buganna reads a letter from CEO of KIA Motors to highlight that credit for KIA Motors foray into AP should go to former CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Are the allegations of irregularities in Polavaram project true? : YSRCP MP
- YSRCP MP Vijaya Sai Reddy wanted to know if allegations of irregularities in Rehabilitation and Resettlement of those displaced by Polavaram project are true.
- He also wanted to know if the center will order a CBI probe if the allegations are true.
Lord Jagannath offers Rasagola to Goddess MahaLakshmi
Today on the occasion of Niladri Bije, Lord Jagannath offers Rasagola to Goddess Mahalakshmi. This Day is cekebrated as Rasagola Dibasa in Odisha.
Acclaimed Sand Artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates a sand art in Puri beach, Odisha.
BJP President Amit Shah appoints BL Santhosh as National General Secretary – Organisation of BJP
DMK appoints a committee to study the New Education Policy. Based on the recommendations of the committee the party will convey its views on the policy to the Union Human Resources Ministry: DMK President MK Stalin
India takes a giant leap to where no country has gone before –– the Moon’s south polar region. Live stream from 2.45 am 15 July: ISRO
PMK steps into its 31st year today
Congress President appoints a new President for Maharashtra State Congress
Senior Congress leaders join KC Venugopal in Bengaluru ahead of the Congress-JDS Govt seeking a Trust vote
Madurai Bench of Madras HC says postal services exam can be conducted but results can be declared only after the court completes its hearing in a case questioning the conduct of the exam in English and Hindi alone
DMK President MK Stalin’s speech at the launch of Poet Vairamuthu’s book Tamizhattrupadai
If there is no water scarcity, why is water being brought in train wagons : Karti Chidambaram
பெரிய அளவில் நீர்ப்பாசனத் திட்டங்களை அமல்படுத்தினால்தான் குடிநீர் பஞ்சத்தை போக்க முடியும்.
குறிப்பாக காவிரி -வைகை- குண்டாறு இணைப்பு திட்டத்தை நிறைவேற்ற வேண்டும் சிவகங்கை பாராளுமன்ற உறுப்பினர் திரு கார்த்தி ப சிதம்பரம் எம்பி பேட்டி..
# @INCIndia @INCTamilNadu @KartiPC pic.twitter.com/IG1iyXbWfA
— Palanivel Rajan . S (@s_palani) July 13, 2019
INC TamilNadu Chief KS Alagiri and Sivaganga MP Karti Chidambaram speaking to the press at Madurai Airport
Tamil Nadu Congress is organising demonstrations in every district today to register strong protest of Tamil Nadu People against BJP for conspiring to destabilise elected Govt in Karnataka thru blatant misuse of money/central agencies & to express our solidarity with INCKarnataka.
INC TamilNadu Chief KS Alagiri will be leading the agitation in Ramanad district, CLP Leader KRRamasamy, Congress MPs/MLAs in their respective constituencies, TNCC functionaries & other leaders in assigned DCCs & I will be participating in Chennai : Sanjay Dutt , Secretary AICC – Incharge Tamil Nadu & Puducherry.
President Kovind presents LL.D to three eminent judges
President Kovind attends special convocation of Tamil Nadu Dr Ambedkar Law University conferring LL.D. (Honoris Causa) on Justice Sathasivam, Governor of Kerala & former CJI; Justice Bobde, Judge, Supreme Court of India; and Justice Tahilramani, Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
Speaking at the function President Kovind said, Our legal system has a reputation for being expensive and for being prone to delays. There are some who tend to use and abuse the instrument of adjournments as a tactic to slow down proceedings, rather than a response to a genuine emergency.
This makes obtaining justice costly for the litigant. It would be a travesty of our republican ethic if a poor person did not get the same access to the law as a rich person. The legal profession must continue to address this collectively, he added.
Swachhata Abhiyan at Parliament House
Speaker, Lok Sabha Om Birla, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan and other dignitaries during SwachhataAbhiyan, at Parliament House, in New Delhi.
The soon to be handed over 2BHK Dignity Housing program of Mandepalli Village in Rajanna Siricilla district
The soon to be handed over 2BHK Dignity Housing program of Mandepalli Village in Rajanna Siricilla district 😊 pic.twitter.com/CmIFD1KwIG
— KTR (@KTRTRS) July 13, 2019
TN CM EPS made two major announcements in TN Assembly today that could change the way of Governance
Zero proof Identity based predictive Govt. service delivery.
Establishment of a Blockchain backbone infrastructure for the Govt of Tamil Nadu
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman replies to Budget 2019 debate in Rajya Sabha
Congress leader T Subbarami Reddy speaking during the discussion on the Union Budget in Rajya Sabha
0% loan scheme for farmers – exchanges between YS Jagan and Naidu in the AP Assembly
- AP Assembly witnessed a verbal duel between AP CM YS Jagan and former CM Chandrababu Naidu over the interest paid towards the 0% interest scheme for farmers.
- Mr Naidu quoted from the Socio-Economic Survey to say that his Govt had met its Commitment.
- Mr Jagan retorted by saying that the TDP Govt had contributed only Rs 630 crores towards the scheme where Rs 11,600 cr was payable.
- The AP Assembly witnessed exchanges from both sides on the issue.
Former TN Congress President and Trichy MP Su Thrirunavukkarasar spoke during the discussion on Demand for Grants for Ministry of Railways, Excerpts:
- Speaking in the Lok Sabha today, former TN Congress President Su Thirunavukkarasar quoted Railways performance figures to counter the ruling party’s claim that Congress Govts’ have done nothing for the Railways.
- He asked the Govt how they propose to attract Rs 5 lakh cr investments/year for the next ten years for the Railways from Private investors, especially when the Railways are making losses. He said this is an indirect route to privatisation.
- He also raised passenger convenience issues related to his Trichirapalli constituency.
TN Law Minister did not inform the Assembly about rejection of NEET Bills says MK Stalin
- The Central Govt on 22.09.2017 has informed TN Law department that the NEET bills have been rejected.
- The Law Minister CV Shanmugam without revealing this, has informed the Assembly that the Bills have been rejected by the Court.
- It came to light after we questioned about it and got it out.
- The DMK chief demanded the resignation of the Law Minister.
DMK stages walkout from Tamil Nadu Assembly on this issue.
DMK President MK Stalin’s interaction with media today:
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman replies to the debate in Lok Sabha on the Union Budget
- Growth of the economy is as important as national security.
- Total resources transferred to States including for the various transfer of schemes is Rs.13 ,29,428 cr.
- The govt is committed to continue on the path of fiscal consolidation and our focus is on boosting agriculture, health and education sector.
Punjab CM welcomes ban on Sikhs For Justice
- Happy with Govt of India’s decision to ban Sikhs For Justice as unlawful but what we need is a war against the terror outfit.
- SFJ’s threat is grave and nobody, including Akali Dal, should play it down.
- Nations allowing SFJ to use their soil for anti-India activities must stop at once!
Happy with GoI’s decision to ban #SikhsForJustice as unlawful but what we need is a war against the terror outfit. SFJ’s threat is grave and nobody, including @Akali_Dal_ , should play it down. Nations allowing SFJ to use their soil for anti-India activities must stop at once! pic.twitter.com/X0OPP5Y41k
— Capt.Amarinder Singh (@capt_amarinder) July 10, 2019
Clarification on media reports alleging that media persons have been banned from entering the Ministry of Finance, North Block: @nsitharamanoffc
The Editors Guild of India has issued a statement on the Finance Ministry’s clarification:
VP Venkaiah Naidu receives UNESCO’s Map of World Heritage Sites of India
Happy to have received UNESCO’s Map of World Heritage Sites of India from Mr. Eric Falt, Director, UNESCO in New Delhi today.
The sites represent our vibrant natural & cultural heritage. I applaud UNESCO’s efforts towards identification & mapping of the sites for conservation: Vice President – Venkaiah Naidu
Pic Credit: @VPSecretariat
Chandrayaan 2 will go where no country has ever gone before: ISRO
Chandrayaan 2 India’s lunar mission will boldly go where no country has ever gone before — the Moon’s south polar region.
The aim is to improve our understanding of the Moon — discoveries that will benefit India and humanity as a whole: ISRO
Karnataka CM has instructed the state authorities to request the Cauvery Water Management Authority to release water to Tamil Nadu keeping in mind the interests of farmers in Mandya District of Karnataka
Chief Vaiko’s nomination for Rajya sabha seat accepted
More than Rs 1000 cr decline in allotment to Tamil Nadu in the regular Budget compared to the allocation in the interim budget: A Raja – DMK MP in Lok Sabha today
Supreme Court declines to entertain application filed by P Rajagopal, founder of restaurant chain Saravana Bhavan, seeking an extension of time to surrender before the Court citing medical grounds : @barandbench
Met with hockey legend Balbir Singh Senior at PGI Chandigarh to present the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award. Happy to share that I intend to recommend the name of the three-time Olympic gold champion for the highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna: Capt Amarinder Singh – Punjab CM
Lok Sabha proceedings today – excerpts
A Raja, DMK:
More than Rs 1000 cr decline in TN allotment between interim and full budget. For the first time, budget speech does not disclose total revenue, total expenditure. Only 7 % companies are to pay 30% corporate tax, 99.3 % will pay 25 %:MK
N K Premchandran, RSP:
What is the fiscal deficit, revenue expenditure, revenue receipt of my country? What is the revenue loss after exempting companies earning up to 400 cr from paying 30 % corporate tax and what is the earning after raising the petrol prices?: N K Premchandran, RSP
Varun Gandhi, BJP:
In the 1920’s, 1% of Raja-Maharajas held 25% of country’s wealth, but today 1% of Indians hold 75% of the nation’s wealth.
Rammohan Naidu, TDP:
There is ‘Cooperative favoritism’ instead of ‘Cooperative federalism’. Developed state like Gujarat has been getting tax benefits. Govt should tell how many companies has come up due to Make-in-India, how many jobs were created.
Rajyavardhan Rathore, BJP:
We have promoted enough startups under Make-in-India.
Swamy plans a Yatra!
Sanyasis and pujaris came visiting me yesterday with Prasadam from the holy Srirangam Temple in Tamil Nadu and invited me to have darshan of the Temple. En route to Sri Lanka, Sri Rama had conducted pujas there.
So a thought crossed my mind—I will identify all the temples Rama had done pujas in from Ayodhya to Dhanushkodi and perform a Yatra :
Subramanian Swamy @Swamy39
PM Modi meets Geeta Rabari, a young and prolific singer from Gujarat
Geeta Rabari is a young and prolific singer from Gujarat, whose works have enthralled Gujaratis globally! I remember encouraging her to pursue singing when she was a child and today, I had the opportunity to interact with her. It was wonderful to know more about her experiences.
People like Geeta Rabari inspire our society. Belonging to a humble background, she dedicatedly pursued her passion of singing and excelled. I am deeply impressed by her efforts to popularise Gujarati folk music among youngsters. Best wishes for her future endeavours :
PM Narendra Modi
Friendly chat with a rival!!
Ran into my BJP Kerala rival in the last elections, Kummanam, & our first conversation since that time ensued. It was a friendly chat & I sought his advice & inputs as I attempt to do my best to serve the people of Thiruvananthapuram :
Shashi Tharoor @ShashiTharoor
AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy pays tributes to his father YSR on his birth anniversary at the Idupulapaaya Ghat
Shift towards EVs is inevitable & is a must : Amitabh Kant
One of d most progressive feature of the budget was the aggressive push for Electronic Vehicles.
1. GST Council being moved to lower rates from 12 to 5%.
2. Additional income tax deduction of Rs 1.5 lakh on interest paid for purchase of EV.
3. FAME -2 of Rs 10,000 Cr. 4. Price hike 4 petrol/diesel.
Move will help clean up our cities & provide fresh air to citizens. It will also cut India’s oil import dependence which has jumped to nearly 84 % . India spent USD 111.9 billion on oil imports in 2018-19. Shift towards EVs is inevitable & is a must, Tweeted Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog
Pic Courtesy : @amitabhk87
Rahul Gandhi sticks to his decision to resign as Congress President, asks the party to select a new President
Rahul gandhi in a four page letter explains the reason behind his resignation
Rahul Gandhi changes his Twitter Bio: ‘This is the official account of Rahul Gandhi | Member of the Indian National Congress| Member of Parliament’.