Govinda Nama echoes during Garuda Vahana Seva
Tirumala, 4 Oct. 19 – Day 5 Evening
- Every inch of the Hill town of Tirumala has been occupied by the devotees of Sri Venkateswara Swamy thronging from different parts of the country on the big day of Garuda Seva.
- Braving the heavy downpour, the devotees did not move from their places since last day to catch the glimpse of Lord Malayappa on Garuda Vahanam and once again proved that the inclement weather will not hamper their devotion.
- As soon as Sri Malayappa Swamy appeared sitting gracefully on the mighty Garuda Vahanam that moved from Vahana Mandapam at the scheduled time of 7pm, the entire hill town reverberated to the frenzied rhythmic chants of “Govinda… Govinda…” by devotees.
- The mighty Garuda Vahanam surged ahead with the Lord wearing the Sahasranama Kasula Haram, along the sacred four-mada streets. The devotees, became ecstatic with bhakti elixir by witnessing the grandeur of Lord with utmost devotion. Rare ornaments were adorned to the utsava idols during Garuda Seva.
Content Souce: TTDs PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER, TIRUPATI/ Pic Credit: TTD
‘Maya’ Mohini Swarupa of Malayappa charms pilgrims with Kishna Swamy on another palanquin, blesses devotees
Tirumala, 4 Oct. 19 – Day 5 Morning
- The bright Sunny day on Friday, witnessed Sri Malayappa Swamy in His most bewitching Avatara of Mohini, the cosmic damsel on the colourfully decked Palanquin on the fifth day of annual brahmotsavams. The beauty of the Avatara enhanced with the presence of silver idol of Sri Krishna Swamy on another palanquin.
- While all the other Vahana Sevas were carried by some divine flora and fauna as vehicles start from Vahana Mandapam, here the Lord pulls out Himself gracefully on a colorfully decorated palanquin, bejeweled, well dressed sporting a parrot in one hand, sitting majestically, charming devotees which commences from Srivari temple.
- According to legends, Lord’s appearance as bejeweled and charming Mohini throws the demons (Asura) in confusion and wins the celestial battle in favour of the deities (Devata).
- The objective of the Mohini avatara also indicates that the entire universe is spell bound under the Mystic Moha and that the Lord of Tirumala is the kingpin and key architect of this high drama in the universe. He informs the devotees to come out of this “Maya” and lead a righteous, spiritual life. In other words, through Mohini Avatara, the lord enlightens his devotees not to fall prey to worldly desires and come out of that “Maya”.
- TTD Chairman Sri YV Subba Reddy, EO Sri Anil Kumar Singhal, Addl EO Sri AV Dharma Reddy, CVSO Sri Gopinath Jatti, ACVO Sri Sivakumar Reddy, Temple DyEO Sri Haridranath, Peishkar Sri Lokanadham and others took part.