DMK MP Kanimozhi asks the Centre to give up the proposed National-level exam for final year medical students
The Union Cabinet yesterday gave its consent to a National-level examination for final year medical students. In my speech in the Lok Sabha today urged the Government to abandon it completely: DMK Lok Sabha MP Kanimozhi
மத்திய அமைச்சரவை நேற்று, கடைசி ஆண்டு மருத்துவ மாணவர்களுக்கு தேசிய அளவிலான பொதுத் தேர்வு நடத்தும் திட்டத்திற்கு ஒப்புதல் அளித்துள்ளது. இதனை முழுமையாக கைவிட வேண்டும் என வலியுறுத்தி மக்களவையில் இன்று உரையாற்றிய போது pic.twitter.com/xZRH1Tnxin
— Kanimozhi (கனிமொழி) (@KanimozhiDMK) July 18, 2019
DMK President MK Stalin urges State Government to adopt another resolution on NEET
State Govt is adopting a dual stance in the NEET issue : TTV Dhinakaran, AMMK General Secretary
Conduct Local body election without further delay : DMK President MK Stalin in TN Assembly
DMK President MK Stalin urges the TN State Government to hold the local body elections atleast now without any further delay. He said this in the context of :
- The Union Panchayat Raj Minister RS Tomar in a reply to DMK MP A.Raja stating that starting from the year 2016-17 the performance subsidy for Tamil Nadu has been withheld.
- The Panchayat elections in the State should be held before October 2016, since the State Goverment has not held the Panchayat elections, the Centre has withheld the performance subsidy.
It is proposed to provide a deduction of up to 1.5 lakh for interest paid on loan taken for the purchase of an affordable house, in addition to the existing interest deduction of 2 lakhs:
Nirmala Sitharaman – Finance Minister in Lok Sabha
- Incentives are being provided for the purchase of electric vehicles and therefore it is an important step on concerns that we express on environmental consciousness.
- The condition for carry forward and set off of losses in cases of eligible start ups is proposed to be relaxed enabling them to carry forward their losses. This is one demand that has come from start ups.
- With a view to further incentivising the IFSC, it is proposed to provide several direct tax incentives to an IFSC, including 100% profit linked deduction u/s 80 LA in any 10 year block within 15 yr period.
- We have come up with a proposal that interest on bad and doubtful debts in the case of deposit taking NBFCs and systemically important non-deposit taking NBFCs shall be charged on tax on receipt basis and not on accrual basis.
- Facilities are being extended for low-cost electronic payments because digitisation and less cash usage is a priority for this government. Every attempt is being made for people to use electronic payment.
- It is proposed to provide a deduction of up to 1.5 lakh for interest paid on loan taken for the purchase of an affordable house. This shall be in addition to the existing interest deduction of 2 lakhs.
- Increase in effective tax rate applies only to individual taxpayers, including other forms of FPIs such as trusts. FPIs organised as companies will not be affected by the increase in effective tax rate & the fear of flight of FPIs from India is not well-founded.
AP CM YS Jagan speaking about Prajavedika Demolition in AP Assembly
AP CM YS Jagan justified the demolition of Praja Vedika while speaking in the AP Assembly today.
- He said he wanted to make it clear that the law applies uniformly to all starting from the common man to the most powerful. That was reason behind the starting the work of demolishing unauthorised constructions from Praja Vedika.
- He said notices have also been given to all the unauthorised constructions in that area to vacate.
- He found fault with the leader of Opposition Chandrababu Naidu for speaking about his forty years of experience in Politics. He said Leaders with such a long experience should set an example in Politics for others to emulate instead of finding faults with demolition of unauthorised constructions.
Kulbhushan Jadhav is innocent and no forced confession will change this fact : External Affairs Minister, Dr. S Jaishankar in the Lok Sabha
Highlights of External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s speech in Lok Sabha :
- International Court of Justice (ICJ) delivered judgement in Kulbhushan Jadhav case yesterday, ruling in favour of India, declaring Pakistan should provide councellor access to India.
- The ICJ said that Pakistan breached Vienna laws without informing India. The judgement was not only in favour of India but all those who believes in law.
- Kulbhushan Jadhav is innocent and no forced confession will change this fact.
First Meeting of the High Powered Committee on ‘Transformation of Indian Agriculture’
Chaired by Maharashtra CM Dev Fadnavis, first Meeting of the High Powered Committee for Transformation of Indian Agriculture underway in NITIAayog.
Chief Ministers Vijay Rupani, ML Khattar, Pema Khandu, Kamal Nath, Union Minister Tomar and Amitabh Kanth are among the attendees.
Here is an example of a “Calling Attention” Motion in the TN Asssembly
It’s imperative that every citizen “knows” & UNDERSTANDS what happens inside the State Legislative Assembly. It would empower the voter to “Choose Wisely”. Here is an example of a “Calling Attention” Motion in the TN Asssembly
It’s imperative that every citizen “knows” & UNDERSTANDS what happens inside the State Legislative Assembly. It would empower the voter to “Choose Wisely”.
Here is an example of a “Calling Attention” Motion in the #TNAsssembly#AskTRBRajaa #Mannargudi #மன்னார்குடி pic.twitter.com/rW4W8qD4H6
— Mannargudi (@MannargudiMLA) July 18, 2019